FBI - IC3 unit

branchard

Does anybody know if there is a way to file a collective complaint to IC3, (the FBI internet fraud unit). I doubt they give a darn about one person getting burned for $50, but if there was a way we could form an online petition and file complaints as a group, maybe they would look into it.

Individuals are held to online contracts. We enter into a contract with these sleazy survey sites. We fulfill our end and they do not fulfill theirs. It is fraud. Why is there nothing we can do?

Does anybody know if there is a way to file a collective complaint to IC3, (the FBI internet fraud unit). I doubt they give a darn about one person getting burned for $50, but if there was a way we could form an online petition and file complaints as a group, maybe they would look into it.

Individuals are held to online contracts. We enter into a contract with these sleazy survey sites. We fulfill our end and they do not fulfill theirs. It is fraud. Why is there nothing we can do?

Well you can count me in............. :mrgreen:

If you feel "fraud" has been committed then you could probably call an office near you and see if they could help you. I think it would take a lot of paperwork to get something going and I am not sure there is a threshold for the amount of money that one would have to lose in order to get them to take action. With all the scams going on out there, I would bet they wouldn't take a case like that. I feel we don't really have any recourse against the survey companies except to file with the BBB. The higher the cashout levels become, the less I am going to be engaging with the survey companies. I think it won't be long before I have only a couple of survey sites that I will be doing surveys for.

You can't file a "collective complaint" with the FBI or FTC. That's called a class action lawsuit and involves contacting a lawyer.

You can however file complaints with government agencies.

Note: The BBB is not a government agency. It's a "non-profit" charity called The Council of Better Business Bureaus. While they can and do get results they can't legally force any business to comply like the FTC or FBI.

You can't file a "collective complaint" with the FBI or FTC. That's called a class action lawsuit and involves contacting a lawyer.

You can however file complaints with government agencies.

Note: The BBB is not a government agency. It's a "non-profit" charity called The Council of Better Business Bureaus. While they can and do get results they can't legally force any business to comply like the FTC or FBI.

How does the States General Attorney office handle complaints about business's?

How does the States General Attorney office handle complaints about business's?

You may have to start with the lower courts and work your way up to that level but I really don't know for sure. I think that the State Attorney Generals Office is kind of like the legal department who oversees all of the states legal systems and lawyers/Bar Associations stepping in when they get out of line or they run into legal issues that are bigger then they can handle without higher counsel. The US Attorney General being the "top dog" who oversees everyone. Trying to read the job descriptions is like trying to read laws. A bunch of big legal words and statutes... :shock: