Am I Wasting My Time Or What On Doing These Surveys?

theskyhunter

my friends tell me if im right in thinking im not really getting anywhere these days trying to complete these blasted surveys. just for the heck of it and really i should have done it long ago, ive kept a log of all the surveys ive tried to complete. days 7-5-13 thru 7-15 13.i tried a total of 163 surveys. 163! now the bummer. i only completed..drum roll!!...28!!!!! :shock: my gosh! 28 out of 163!! :x i knew i wasnt completing alot lately, but not this bad. now when i 1st started doing surveys several years ago i had far greater times. now.. im really frustrated. you guys need to do this same thing. make a log of all yours surveys..date,survey #,rewards offered,the time they say it will take to do the survey,DQ or Q,reward made,the time it actually took to do the survey and a section for various comments on the survey. i could cheat, lie and do alot better but that wouldnt be right. because everything you do always comes back to ya. i need some encouragement my friends! :(

I get your point. But I'm on disability (a whole $159.00 a month) sever RA in my lower back (I can't walk or stand any longer then 5 minutes before the pain is so sever my last 4 vertebra's are turning in), feet and hands so I can't really work. But doing the surveys is better then watching tv all day, and I get a decent amount of amazon's by the end of the year for CHRISTmas, and then there is mothers day, and birthdays, my ties to my Church, there would be no way I could get anybody anything otherwise.............. 8)

my friends tell me if im right in thinking im not really getting anywhere these days trying to complete these blasted surveys. just for the heck of it and really i should have done it long ago, ive kept a log of all the surveys ive tried to complete. days 7-5-13 thru 7-15 13.i tried a total of 163 surveys. 163! now the bummer. i only completed..drum roll!!...28!!!!! :shock: my gosh! 28 out of 163!! :x i knew i wasnt completing alot lately, but not this bad. now when i 1st started doing surveys several years ago i had far greater times. now.. im really frustrated. you guys need to do this same thing. make a log of all yours surveys..date,survey #,rewards offered,the time they say it will take to do the survey,DQ or Q,reward made,the time it actually took to do the survey and a section for various comments on the survey. i could cheat, lie and do alot better but that wouldnt be right. because everything you do always comes back to ya. i need some encouragement my friends! :(

What I have decided to do is limit my survey companies and community panels to those where I can at least cash out every one or two weeks. I have one panel that pays a specified amount monthly. I must get an Amazon GC or paypal payment of $5 or $10 or $25 within that given time from. If not I will drop the company. With this technique I make between $95 to $125 (sometimes a little more) a month. I also calculate the amount of time spent. I spend about 45 minutes a week on Community panels ( have two). So far I have 4 survey companies OO, Tellwut, My View and Pine Cone. I do as much as I can within a set time frame usually 1 hour per day 5-6 days a week. If I don't get anything I move on. The hourly rate is not minimum wage, however since this is spare time I overlook this. I like Pine Cone the best because you don't waste time on survey you are not qualified for. They just don't send many on a weekly basis. :roll:

I get your point. But I'm on disability (a whole $159.00 a month) sever RA in my lower back (I can't walk or stand any longer then 5 minutes before the pain is so sever my last 4 vertebra's are turning in), feet and hands so I can't really work. But doing the surveys is better then watching tv all day, and I get a decent amount of amazon's by the end of the year for CHRISTmas, and then there is mothers day, and birthdays, my ties to my Church, there would be no way I could get anybody anything otherwise.............. 8)

i love where your heart is! GOD bless you! and yeah youre right , it beats watching all this immoral stuff on tv.

What I have decided to do is limit my survey companies and community panels to those where I can at least cash out every one or two weeks. I have one panel that pays a specified amount monthly. I must get an Amazon GC or paypal payment of $5 or $10 or $25 within that given time from. If not I will drop the company. With this technique I make between $95 to $125 (sometimes a little more) a month. I also calculate the amount of time spent. I spend about 45 minutes a week on Community panels ( have two). So far I have 4 survey companies OO, Tellwut, My View and Pine Cone. I do as much as I can within a set time frame usually 1 hour per day 5-6 days a week. If I don't get anything I move on. The hourly rate is not minimum wage, however since this is spare time I overlook this. I like Pine Cone the best because you don't waste time on survey you are not qualified for. They just don't send many on a weekly basis. :roll:

pine cone is probably the best for me as for qualifing. i just wished i could get a boatload of surveys from them every week. like i said before the panels these days arent what they used to be. a few yrs. ago i was making $150 to $300 a month. now its its a hit and miss thing now. ive dropped quite a few panels already and the list is growing.

What I have decided to do is limit my survey companies and community panels to those where I can at least cash out every one or two weeks. I have one panel that pays a specified amount monthly. I must get an Amazon GC or paypal payment of $5 or $10 or $25 within that given time frame. If not I will drop the company. With this technique I make between $95 to $125 (sometimes a little more) a month. I also calculate the amount of time spent. I spend about 45 minutes a week on Community panels ( have two). So far I have 4 survey companies OO, Tellwut, My View and Pine Cone. I do as much as I can within a set time frame usually 1 hour per day 5-6 days a week. If I don't get anything I move on. The hourly rate is not minimum wage, however since this is spare time I overlook this. I like Pine Cone the best because you don't waste time on survey you are not qualified for. They just don't send many on a weekly basis. :roll:

pine cone is probably the best for me as for qualifing. i just wished i could get a boatload of surveys from them every week. like i said before the panels these days arent what they used to be. a few yrs. ago i was making $150 to $300 a month. now its its a hit and miss thing now. ive dropped quite a few panels already and the list is growing.

Thanks for the reply. I too wish I could find about 10 Pine Cones. I would stick with them and only them. These survey companies are taking advantage of our current economic situation (unemployment, underemployment, etc.) :evil: I wish we could do something about this as a group. :?:

since they've become useless lately i've cut down on doing them.. i just click into the ones i know usually allow me to finish.. i've been doing it long enough i can usually tell by the time limit and amount paid which it will be before i click it (this is on Ipoll).. i know quickly which one to just exit out of anymore.

since they've become useless lately i've cut down on doing them.. i just click into the ones i know usually allow me to finish.. i've been doing it long enough i can usually tell by the time limit and amount paid which it will be before i click it (this is on Ipoll).. i know quickly which one to just exit out of anymore. Basically I just don't care anymore.. it's obvious Ipoll is ripping us off in the lower paying surveys and they've become harder to get into now.. so my motivation and quality of data has reflected my frustration. Just like in anything you produce and sell.. and buy.. you get out of it what you're willing to put into it... just like half the crap we get from China is poorly put together and made.. so it is now with surveys.. you pay us less, i'm giving you Chinese type labor..

I pick and choose the surveys I'm willing to take to maximize my rewards for my effort. I find that Opinion Outpost and iPoll make me the most money on a consistent basis. Pinecone pays well, but the surveys for me are few and far between. Valued Opinions used to be good, but they started charging you to cash out and the few surveys I get invited to take, I am almost always dq'ed from. I actually finished an entire very long survey yesterday and when I was re-directed back to VO, I was informed the survey was now closed.....

I try to focus on the ones where I can actually accumulate points/cash rewards regularly. I will not take a survey if there is no decent reward. I delete most Surveyspot emails now.

That said, I have gotten over $200 with OO in only a few months. I've cashed out 3 $50 VP codes with iPoll in the past year. VO I still do and have cashed in for some $20 VP codes and an amazon gc within the past few months.

I've found it does add up and when you use the codes to get GC's from your local grocery stores, that buys alot for me and saves me running up my credit cards or depleting my cash. By using them for groceries I'd have to buy anyway, I also am getting what I really need. Not wasting it on things I don't.

I rather spend my time doing surveys than mindlessly surfing the web or watching garbage on tv. I work (own a business) but things are slow and I need the money (this is a first for me in my entire life, btw--I've always been very comfortable financially speaking--not now though).

And you know what? When I'm in a store or looking at things online to buy, I now view things in the number of surveys I'd have to complete to buy it! So it makes those impulse purchases alot less appealing.

Now if you have a better alternative--like a job offer, then don't waste your time with surveys, but some of us are locked-into situations and taking surveys helps out here-and-there.

i love where your heart is! GOD bless you! and yeah youre right , it beats watching all this immoral stuff on tv.

May GOD Bless You and Everyone who believes!!........... :D

And even those who don't............ :D

For me, the amount of surveys for which I qualify has dropped off drastically since I turned 60. It is surprising to me considering that the percentage of "baby boomers" is so high in the US, and still rising. Also, most baby boomers have discretionary income, and you'd think companies would be extremely interested in our opinions...

If it weren't for Tellwut and Swagbucks, I would give this up entirely....

I wont do surveys for companies where I have to repeatedly ask for my money.I'm down to a handful then I'm on a few communities.Thank goodness Gongo's let you join more then one.It's been quite slow for me lately and that's okay I can get other things done around the house.I work part time and I'm a stay at home Mom.I want a regular job and will do so when I accomplish some activities around here.Luckily where I live it shouldn't be to hard.I turned 50 this year and I want my own life back -I love my family but I need something to call my own.That's why I do surveys I'm use to making my own money but getting married later in life and having a child late in life put the kebosh on how much I make.I know TMI anyway I cant see the money I'm making now helping me pay my all my bills down the road.Need something more fulling and something more reliable.Never count on surveys to pay the bills but to help with a little extra that's my advice to anyone starting out.

I am 55 and have a 14 year old, had her late in life, and I sometimes think that if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't get nearly as many surveys. They do want her opinion. There are sites for teens, just a couple, but they aren't taking any new members or she would have the ability to make some $ as well.

Just look at the sites you DQ most with and drop them. Channel your free time into the ones that give you the most back. Some sites cater more to certain demographics than others so you have to find which ones work for you.

Since I have to be online anyway for business, doing surveys is convenient and also helps to break up the monotony of answering emails, reading emails, etc. Still, I only have a limited amount of time so I don't waste time with sites that don't pay me and/or don't pay me well. I'm only a member of a few regular sites because there's no point in joining every site in the world when you can only do so much surveys and some pay better than others.

When I'm in a store or looking at things online to buy, I now view things in the number of surveys I'd have to complete to buy it! So it makes those impulse purchases alot less appealing.

Hah, I should do this. It would probably curb my ever-present impulse to buy things I don't really need.

I don't get upset for not qualifying for a survey because I know i'm not who they're looking for. I think now every one's looking for teens to about 36yr olds.

When I joined survey head years ago I never qualified so I stopped taking them, then a couple of years ago they sent me an email and asked me to come back and take surveys, at that time they were looking for my demographic. but it's slacked off a lot now, and they used to have the percentage of your chance of qualifying next to each survey, I don't know why they stopped that.