Ipsos "toothpaste" survey

TomServo

Anybody else get this one yet?

It's 200 points, which is above average for them. But it's painfully long, and worse yet, the thing keeps crashing when it gets to the "wall of toothpaste" store shelves "interactive" display.

Why do they bother with this buggy, resource heavy, java/flash crap when it's not necessary to ask the questions they want to ask, and only slows down their servers and crashes our browsers?

I didn't do the toothpaste survey but another 200 point survey.No problems with that one but I did have a problem with a 90 point survey.It crashed in the middle so I shot them off a email they resent the survey ,I finished it but never received my points for it.So I sent another email and this was their reply

The study you referred to has experienced a technical issue, which prevented you from receiving points immediately after completing the survey. We are trying to solve this problem, but the process is taking a bit longer.

I would like to assure you that if you completed the survey, you will be credited with the points promised for your participation.

Right now, it’s just a matter of time until you see these points in your account.

Thank you for being a valuable member of our panel!

That was on the 15th of this month I know it's only been a couple of days but I still haven't gotten them yet.Wonder how long that'll take? Seems like they are having issue's.

Well, Ipsos still hasn't replied to my e-mail about the toothpaste survey. In the meantime they sent me another 200 pointer, which consisted of 45 minutes of questions about bread, of all things. Completed that one, and they threw up some sort of "Hey sorry we just wasted nearly an hour of your time talking about empty carbohydrates, but it looks like our quotas are full".

They certainly aren't making these 200 point surveys look very attractive. And yes, I sent another e mail off to them... which will probably be ignored just like the last one.

• 5 weeks later...

Good luck with that toothpaste survey! I tried it a couple of times and gave up both times. I did finally get a reply to my email about it, only for them to tell me nothing was wrong. Really?

Hey guys I got 45 of my 90 points after complaining.The trick is not to give up and tell them that you are not going away until this matter is resolved.What I think it is is when you file a complaint they have different people reading them .There are ones who could care less about giving you the points and then they have some who actually read your emails and do something about it.While I know I didn't get all my points I got wore down and settled(and believe me that was a long ,long survey, 30 minutes). This is probably the first time I have ever settled but anyways if you want the points my advice is stick to your guns.Keep emailing them until you wear them down.

Anybody else get this one yet?

It's 200 points, which is above average for them. But it's painfully long, and worse yet, the thing keeps crashing when it gets to the "wall of toothpaste" store shelves "interactive" display.

Why do they bother with this buggy, resource heavy, java/flash crap when it's not necessary to ask the questions they want to ask, and only slows down their servers and crashes our browsers?

There's no emoticon for this but: NOD:NOD:NOD

I Totally Agree!!!!

You can say this about all of those surveys that are like this--along with the wall of products that is painfully slow to 1. load 2. browse I've had so many crashes and restarts and then when I finally spend literally over an hr trying to complete it, when I get to the end--the classification questions and hit 'submit' I'm greeted with 'we already have enough respondents for this survey'.

UGH!!! Stop it with this java/flash cr@p!