2 Sites I never heard people talk about

gene55

OTX is taking over the survey world, and we are letting them do this. Otx is a scab on my .........yep you gussed it. They take our time and information, which to me is very valuable, then cut us off at the end of a survey we have spent a lot of time on. They already have our answers so they get paid and the survey companys get paid but we get squat. I personaly have quit taking OTX surveys. If I see OTX pop up I hit the red X button at top right. I will not allow a thief to take advantage of me. If everyone did this for just a little while the survey companys would kick them to back to HELL where they belong.

OTX is a sick joke. I have no idea how they stay in business. They do not help their clients by forcing it's users to skew results, rush through them, or intentionally disqualifying participants. They must make money off the information they get before disqualifying people which is anywhere between 3 and 30 pages of questions. I know for a fact in many states and even federal United States law what they are doing is illegal in many cases. I always say no to this fraud as there is no legitimate chance for any reward or qualifying. Anyone that even tries OTX surveys is wasting their own time, and hurting everyone else in the survey world both the participants and their corporate clients. The OTX surveys are so poorly designed and disqualify so many legitimate participants fraudulantly that there is no way companies can get any serious or truthful information out of them. Maybe this is part of the reason why so many companies are making failing products and going out of business? Participating in bad things that only hurt yourself and others is no good!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Gene on OTX. They are absolutely HORRIBLE!! That's funny that you immediately click them right off too. Ha! Ha! Ha! I have never been able to qualify with them. Maybe we all should start reporting them to our local Better Business Bureaus?

Kim...try these sites: www.your2cents.com, www.opinionoutpost.com and www.GlobalOpinionPanels.com. Another decent one is www.mindfieldonline.com. I just finished a product test and will receive $25.00. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Oh, they pay you by check. I won't deal with PayPal.

I agree with everyone on OTX. No matter what you put, no one ever qualifies. Kind of defeats the purpose of asking public opinion. Because of OTX I now know what my brain looks like, because when the gray OTX screen comes up my eyes roll so far in the back of my head. I also X out as soon as I their screen come up. It's too bad.

Kim & Laura,

I haven't been burned by Minefield yet, but if I do not receive the $25.00 they owe me for the product testing, I will file a complaint with Survey Police AND I will email the company with my complaint as well. I am NOT going to take this crap lying down, in fact none of us should. We put our time, thoughts, and energy into these surveys. I expect payment for services rendered. I lost my job of 16 years in July 2008, and these surveys bring a little extra jingle in my pockets right now.

My issue is with Greenfield.....I only receive the surveys for sweepstakes entries, I've yet to qualify for any monetary surveys. Most of the time I don't even qualify for the sweepstakes entries either. LOL I think it is time to unsubscribe from them.

Sorry that the Grumble Bunny in me came out guys. I'll stop the grumbling. It just gets frustrating at times as you are well aware.

Since I am unemployed and have nothing else better to do with my time (please note the sarcasm in my voice) LOL....I have been researching survey sites, preferably the ones that due pay cash, and when I come across any that I personally feel comfortable registering with, if you would like for me to pass the info on to you, just let me know. WE ALL HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER. (big smile)

Thanks for listening, you guys are all great! Have a super day!! Zeekers

Glad someone brought it up. I hate their surveys, and now they are popping up on several other survey sites. Guess nobody wants to do them. Greenfield is becoming a waste of time. All the $$$ surveys I'm offered I don't quality for. And just when I think about opting out I get a good one. Same goes for some of the others. They finally offer $$$ or a test product and then I'm hooked again. My earnings are down by about 50% and even the samples are slim. Must be the economy?????????????

ironmaiden,

Yeah, OTX is the worst. I'm with you on Greenfield. They want me to spend 30 minutes for an entry into the sweepstakes, and 1.00 for 15 to 20 minutes, and I have never qualified with them. I'm unsubscribing from Greenfield. They have become a waste of my time just even opening the email. I've never qualified for anything, so I'm not out of anything. Good luck to you. Hope you fair better than me.

• 3 weeks later...

So glad to hear you all talk about OTX. I have been getting more and more frustrated with them. I now see you all are too. I'll just click out of them from now on.

catmom.....we've been hitting the big red X on OTX whether is comes from a survey panel we like or not. We are seriously frustrated with them. Some people haven't been compensated for the surveys they did take, or were short changed. Its awful!

They are www.focuspointeglobal.com and www.opinionplace.com.Focus pointe sent me a invite to a focus group recently that paid well and I have been getting more emails from them lately and I find them to be promising.As for opinion place they don't send emails(very rarely) you have to log on to their web site to do a survey.If you qualify they will pay you thru Pay Pal but you cannot do another survey for them until 7 days have passed.If you log on and don't qualify then you have to wait 3 to 4 days before you can try and qualify for a survey.Any off the wall places you have to recommend,that are good and not OTX related ?

As for Opinionplace, according to their FAQ, you can only take one survey every 7 days. If you don't qualify, you have to wait 3 days before trying again as you mentioned. However, according to their "More Details" page, you can only take a survey every 14 days. Although they do pay, you are limited to about $2.00 to $4.00 a month. Worse yet, they won't tell you that you aren't eleigible for a survey because you just took one. You could do 30 surveys in a month an all you are going to get is $2.00 to $4.00.

I did email them and said their FAQ and "More Details" have conflicting info as to how often you can take surveys. I asked which one was correct. They never replied. So, their are another shady Survey Company.

As for Focus Point Global. I signed up for them on 2/23/09. Here is my info.

Completed Online Surveys: 0

Completed Offline Research Studies: 0

Amount Earned for Online Surveys: $0.00

Amount Earned for Offline Research Studies: $0.00

Unpaid account balance: $0.00

That's why no one ever talks of them. I never received one email from them.

Whatatay....I haven't received any invites yet from focus pointe global or opinion place. However, I signed up with both a few weeks ago, which I think makes a bit of a difference. I'm having really good luck with You Data, Valued Opinions (they go in spurts w/me), Global Opinions Panel (Synovate), My Points, My View and Survey Spot if you want to look into them. I agree with Ironmaiden that the economy does have a small effect on how many surveys are being circulated; and I too have noticed monetary incentives have decreased (drastically with some panels), but I think they are just taking advantage of the high employment rate now which is why some are not paying as well as they used to.

Cheer up everyone! Spring and summer are right around the corner, people want to go out and spend money, so I believe the surveys are going to be very abundant.

Hey all.

I have had a paypal account for about 3 months. I haven't had any problems but i have heard a few people say they did not like paypal but i've never heard of why.

Anyone know anything negative about them. I'd like to know so as not to risk much money in the account.

Thanks for any information.

rstanc.....my understanding on how PP works is the following:

If you request PP to issue you a check from your account, they will deduct a percentage (3% I think) from your payment for "processing fees." If you request PP to transfer funds from your account to your checking or savings account you have at another bank, they will not charge you any processing fees. I have heard some complaints about fees and charges added when you use the PP atm card, but I'm not real clear on that. Otherwise, I haven't heard any other negative comments or complaints.

THANKS Zeekers

i had not heard of anything specifically negative either. Just wondered because i use their card like a check card and did not want any money to dissappear :). maybe the atm fees are what some people were talking about that i had read earlier, they did not specify.But most banks also charge if the card is used at a different bank's atm. Oh well , can't please everyone.

Thanks again for sharing what you knew.

I agree with everyone on OTX. No matter what you put, no one ever qualifies. Kind of defeats the purpose of asking public opinion. Because of OTX I now know what my brain looks like, because when the gray OTX screen comes up my eyes roll so far in the back of my head. I also X out as soon as I their screen come up. It's too bad.