a Rave(not rant lol!) for YouGov

theskyhunter

im so glad that that YouGov listened to us about some of their reward choices. i was tickled to death to find out last week that they finally an Amazon cg $100 at 100,000 points! i only needed to do 2 more short surveys to get it and i got em. i cashed out 2day for the $100 cg. alot of people put YouGov down quite abit. i really dont understand why so much. their surveys are usually only about 5-10 minutes,rarely more. i mean at .50 to a $1 (500-1,000 points)a pop isnt quite that bad. i think too i only have been dq'd 1 time in the several years ive been with them. they are very easy surveys. i think i can understand some of the negativity if you only get a few surveys from them over time. the thing is i get a survey from them like every other day it seems. it adds up pretty fast that way for me. i know their survey rewards arent going to make me a millionaire, but like i said it adds up, and every little bit helps. :)

I think the reason they get put down a lot is that the surveys point value isnt worth a lot.Then the last time I cashed out with them it took me 5 years to get the 100 dollar check.I still do them but they really need to be more fair in the amount they pay.At least that s the way I see it.

So I had to go check out the site after reading your post and they have a lot more gift cards then before.I can see that the lower denomination cards cost like 65,000 points for $50 and $100 will be 100,000 points.They now have BB&B,Walmart,Amazon and Itunes plus more.So that's a good thing.

Here's my gripe the surveys are worth 500 points.Take 500 points into 65,000 points that's 130 surveys at 5 to 10 minutes per survey that's 26 hours to 13 hours.This is where my mind and math doesn't work,so what wage does that break down to per hour?

Plus they dont send that many surveys so it does take awhile to earn that amount.I really cant say much I mean I am still doing their surveys but just thinking of the wage and time spent seems a little discouraging.

I noticed, at least for me, if you sign in to the site they send a survey. I've gotten a survey everyday this week.

One thing I like about their surveys is that you can go to the next question without answering if they don't have the right answer choice for you.

I never get the really interesting surveys, I get mostly the same surveys over and over.

I received my $100.00 check earlier this week, it took me 1 and a half to 2 years to cash out.

yeah i know its the best money maker out there, but its certainly not the worst. at least they have been consistant over the years. YouGov is one of those that i dont go out of my way to do their surveys when i get an email invite from them. i go to my better money makers 1st and then i get around to them later. they are kinda like a time filler of sorts for me. it too does take a year or a bit longer to cashout but hey $100 is $100 aint it? is for me anyways. i too like it that you can always go back and correct an answer. again they are to me anyways, the easiest surveys to do. here also lately, ive been getting several 1,000 and 1,500 point surveys to do which does make it more worthwhile. gotta go pick some hot peppers! MMMMM......later guys! :D

All I have ever gotten is the 500 points. Wonder why they have different points for others? Hmmmmm......

im wondering too. how long have you been with them? i dont know if that if that has anything to do with though.

All I have ever gotten is the 500 points. Wonder why they have different points for others? Hmmmmm......

im wondering too. how long have you been with them? i dont know if that if that has anything to do with though.

Please hold all applause until the end of my sermon, er ah, speech. I joined them one October 13, 2009 and I have 58,500 points. 4 years and nothing to show for it. I think that I am going to try to get to the next level and then I will cash out, which won't be cash at all, but I will take what I can get and get out of it.

Please hold all applause until the end of my sermon, er ah, speech. I joined them one October 13, 2009 and I have 58,500 points. 4 years and nothing to show for it. I think that I am going to try to get to the next level and then I will cash out, which won't be cash at all, but I will take what I can get and get out of it.

At 60,000 you can now get a $50 GC at Walmart,BB&B Applebee's ,game stop and or Itunes.So you are real close to a half way decent reward.Plus I agree 4 years for $50 is way to long to be rewarded.

rosiesmom, i think id give up on em too if that was all i was getting. oh dont get me wrong. im applauding too much, just saying they could be alot worse. and the way things are going in "SURVEY WORLD", they just might. :( it is very disgusting to have to deal with most of these panels these days to say the least.