Swagbucks search

froghat

I've been using the Swagbucks search and/or toolbar for a couple of years now. They used to have it set up so that you could cash out for a $5 PayPal every time you got to 700 points/SwagBucks but they changed it so now you can't get a Paypal until you hit 2500 points or some nonsense. Of course, you can cash out for other things instead of a PayPal at a lower Swagbucks amount, but I go for the cash!

Basically, this is one of those places that I just kind of use without thinking. I have trained myself to just automatically use their search feature for anything -- even if I am searching another search engine like Google! -- and I don't put anymore effort into it than that. I just let the Swagbucks build up over time. I don't do anything on their site, except maybe occasionally the poll, because those will result in one extra SwagBuck.

You can do infinite searches, but the points you can get from simply searching are random and not really based on how often you search or what you type in the search bar. It's not like you can do 20 searches in a row and be guaranteed to earn a lot of Swagbucks. In fact, you may do 20 searches in one day and get only 7 SBs, or nothing. Or, you could type in some crazy thing like "Beef Wellington" and suddenly get rewarded 75 SBs.

I have gotten anything from 6 SBs, to 10 SBs, to 37 SBs, to something higher than that but I can't remember -- just from doing random searches. On some days it seems like I get SBs often, with every search. Other days I may only get SBs for one search. Sometimes I get SBs for simply typing in the same thing I type in every day, like "Google.com" or whatever. Other times I don't get any SBs for typing in the things I always type in, but I get SBs for typing in something new that I don't usually search for, like "When did Bruce Jenner win his gold medals" or some odd thing like that. Lol.

That's why I said that it's something I have kind of trained myself to do without thinking now, and I just use the search feature/toolbar out of habit. If I stop to think too much about trying to win Swagbucks and coming up with crazy words and questions to search for, I will drive myself nuts! Lol.