WebCam Surveys?

Huntress

Is anyone else creeped-out by these?

Thankfully I don't have a webcam so can't participate, but the idea of doing a survey requiring a webcam creeps me out.

i hate cameras but the extra $12.50 for doing it was incentive enough.. I can't do it where i look at myself though. The only ones i've done are the eyetrack surveys where you're filmed looking at various points.. then the $12.50 ones were filming us while we watched an ad.. i had trouble getting GTM to pay for those but i managed to be paid for 2 out of 3.

usually i'll do it because the wonderful rewards, and the webcam is free because they'll send you before asking you to take the survey , but just for a few sites, most site need you own one

WOO HOO................... :D

I got into a webcam one for Monday $75. for 65 minutes (All going to amazon for CHRISTmas presents).......... :mrgreen:

I foresee CHRISTmas presents under my tree for my mom, best freind and husband................ :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
LOL, I don't mind them, they pay great, but it is weird seeing myself! I LOVE eye tracking surveys, though.

Yggggg.................. :roll:

Is that me?? Ewwwww..................... :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone else creeped-out by these?

Thankfully I don't have a webcam so can't participate, but the idea of doing a survey requiring a webcam creeps me out.

I'm creeped out by them too. I only have a webcam on my laptop and really rarely use it at home. I've passed up a few of these though because of privacy concerns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been a part of a few webcam surveys involving TV commercials and movie trailers. They're mostly looking for reactions, and sometimes I'm asked to share my thoughts in recorded speech.

I was watching Shark Tank a couple of weeks ago.There was a guy on the show who invented a triangle peep whole cover for your computer.He said that with the "built in web cam" there actually could be someone watching you while your using your computer.He asked one of the Sharks if this was true and he was like oh yes this is very true.My computer doesn't have one but what about those who do.Someone could be watching you sit naked in front of it or if there is something you don't want others to see you better be careful what you do in front of it.

I was watching Shark Tank a couple of weeks ago.There was a guy on the show who invented a triangle peep whole cover for your computer.He said that with the "built in web cam" there actually could be someone watching you while your using your computer.He asked one of the Sharks if this was true and he was like oh yes this is very true.My computer doesn't have one but what about those who do.Someone could be watching you sit naked in front of it or if there is something you don't want others to see you better be careful what you do in front of it.

O yes it is true............................. :shock:

There is a light that goes on when the web cam is on/in use............................. 8)

You can cover it with a little piece of paper/tape.................................................... :idea: