Opinion Square now has Amazon

footfree

At the end of doing a survey it said they have now added AGC.It's under digital gift cards 1,500 points for $5.00 and 2,500 for $10 .That's as high as I saw it go to.Plus now every time you do a survey they send you a email saying it's been added to your account.I like that, I wish more companies would do that,makes it easier to keep up with.

At the end of doing a survey it said they have now added AGC.It's under digital gift cards 1,500 points for $5.00 and 2,500 for $10 .That's as high as I saw it go to.Plus now every time you do a survey they send you a email saying it's been added to your account.I like that, I wish more companies would do that,makes it easier to keep up with.
footfree Is Opinion Square a descent site?I haven't heard to much about them

Thay have had amazon for the 2 years that I've been doing them, not new............... :roll:

They have always sent an email telling you that the points are in yiur account or of you get a token for being dq....... :wink:

I usually only get 25 points whth the token, a few 50 points and once a $5.00 gift card from the token game......... :?

I would say 90% of the surveys are worth 200 points. There are several different items/gift cards to redeem for........... :)

Most of them are not very long 10-15 minutes.............. 8)

I didn't know they had AGC it says on their site that it's a new reward.They're okay not the best but not the worst.Most surveys are for 200 points but then I get those that are 600 points .You get a token if you don't qualify which you can win either 25 to 50 points on them.I remember one time someone posted they won a Ipad or something like that.I usually wait to cash out at 5700 points for a physical gift card to sears,cabela's ,home depot and Macy's the list goes on.However they do have digital cards like Amazon and others oh well like I said the list goes on.Whenever I had problems with not getting my points I email them and they are good about getting back and giving them to me.Not to many complaints except I think they should raise the point level but that's what I think about all survey companies.

I just tried to register. You have to download their software which states the following:

The OpinionSquare software allows us to monitor your Internet surfing and online purchasing activity in order to help us gain valuable insight into Internet trends and behavior. It also allows us to send you more surveys based on your surfing behavior. This software contains no spyware, adware, or viruses and the data we collect is only used for anonymous research purposes.

I really don't want something like that. It freaks me out. Are they going to know my credit card numbers too? This makes me very uncomfortable. I am in the middle of the registration process, but I think I'll pass.

Here is their SP ranking page with comments--apparently the software slows your computer down--just what I don't need (I just posted about how to speed it up on the Tellwut discussion earlier today)

https://www.surveypolice.com/opinionsquare

Also here is what is in the FAQ's about the software:

Do you collect banking information? How do you handle my PII?

We do not store bank account numbers in our database. That said, some information from online transactions (such as shopping, trading and banking) can provide us with valuable research data when aggregated with the Internet browsing and purchasing behavior of other members. While we do not store your bank account information, we may store other information, such as the bank with which you have an account.

We are careful to protect your personal information through a variety of physical and digital security mechanisms, which include physically separating it from other information and encrypting selected confidential data elements.

Well, geez, I've had my CC information stolen 3 times this year alone when those sites were also supposedly 'safe'.

You have to download their software which states the following:

The OpinionSquare software allows us to monitor your Internet surfing and online purchasing activity in order to help us gain valuable insight into Internet trends and behavior. It also allows us to send you more surveys based on your surfing behavior. This software contains no spyware, adware, or viruses and the data we collect is only used for anonymous research purposes.

I really don't want something like that. It freaks me out. Are they going to know my credit card numbers too? This makes me very uncomfortable. I am in the middle of the registration process, but I think I'll pass.

Gosh I really don't remember downloading any software to join .I wonder if this is a new thing.I do know that after I do a survey for them I seem to get a lot of spam emails but I just delete them so it's never a big deal to me.Here recently they have asked me to download a software but I just delete that email .

You have to download their software which states the following

I have never downloaded it and still get surveys.................. :D

Well, I got a welcome email--I guess I completed enough of the registration process. So we'll see if I get surveys. I would like to take surveys, but I dubious about the safety of the software. I've been burned too many times already. I mean I don't care if they know that I'm browsing makeup at sephora's site or something, but if they know what I ordered, which credit card I used, then they might also know my cc number, etc. I just don't feel comfortable with it.

I was thinking of joining but I think I will pass not at all comfortable if I need to download any type of software from a survey company.

Well, I download software all the time as long as I recognize the company. Heck I've even downloaded applets just to take a lousy iPoll survey. But what freaks me out is the tracking of everywhere I go online even when I'm not doing surveys (very boring, honestly, but it's not anyone's business how often I visit a hair or makeup forum during the day or when I log in to the state's dept of revenue site to pay sales taxes for my business for the month, etc) and most of all I don't want my purchase information which might include sensitive financial data being stored or accessed by anyone I haven't authorized and no I won't authorize a survey site to have access to my cc or bank transactions 24/7/365 even when I'm not doing their surveys.

As long as I am not required to download the tracking software, I'll take their surveys. I don't think you need to download it since they sent me a welcome email.

I was thinking of joining but I think I will pass not at all comfortable if I need to download any type of software from a survey company.

I do their surveys quit often and DID NOT download the software. I get at least 1 or 2 a week sometimes more......... :D