Tellwut New Gift Cards

car9og

i see they're charging us $5 for the visa card...

avemaria - Where do you see a $5 charge for the visa card? :?:

It costs 10,000 points for a Walmart or Amazon GC. It costs 12,000 points for a $25 Visa GC. That's 20% more (2,000/10,000=20%) . So 20% of $25 = $5.

yeah, they're not literally 'charging' us.. but those of us who've been on the site for awhile know the point values.. well anyone can see the difference as an Amazon $10 card is still 4000 points.. that's the number i was going by.. so instead of getting $30 worth for the 12000 points redeemed, you get a $25 visa card..

yeah, they're not literally 'charging' us.. but those of us who've been on the site for awhile know the point values.. well anyone can see the difference as an Amazon $10 card is still 4000 points.. that's the number i was going by.. so instead of getting $30 worth for the 12000 points redeemed, you get a $25 visa card..

I see - thanks :D

I would like to get a Visa card for a change but I am not willing to spend 2000 extra points for it.
It is taking quite a while to get 2,000 points now.

I posted about this one the main Tellwut thread, but since it's on-topic, I'll post this information here as well:

Walmart has GC's for various places on their site--including a Visa GC.

The $25 Visa GC is $27.88, which is a 12% fee (vs 20% for going thru Tellwut--i.e., 12,000 points vs 10,000 for a $25 amazon or walmart, etc. GC).

The higher you go in denomination, the lower the fee is as a %:

$25 Visa GC is $27.88 (12% fee)

$50 Visa GC is $53.88 (8% fee)

$100 Visa GC is $105.38 (5% fee)

$200 Visa GC is $206.88 (3% fee)

So maybe just accumulate TW points, then redeem for a Walmart GC then use the Walmart GC to buy a Visa GC via Walmart. That's what I intend to do.