Just getting started

Tsquad

Hello, My name is Taylor

Im just getting started with this whole survey/online money thing so im looking for a bit of advice. I have looked around on google quite a bit but its hard to figure out what is a sponsored article and whats not.

I need to make a little bit of extra cash to supplement my income, not a whole lot, but maybe 100-200 a month. From what i have read, if i put a good 6ish hours in a day this shouldn't be a problem with the right sites and a bit of luck. Im currently on Swagbucks and am liking its ease of use, have gotten over 1k bucks in 2 days. Id like some suggestions on good survey sites, or sites i have to watch videos for, or anything else really. What i dont want are games, or sign up for this trial and get this much back, i cant spend any money on this. I also need it to pay out in paypal, not amazon or other gift cards. Any legitimate site suggestions would be helpful, thank you!

Utilize the rankings page here, that will help guide you.

From my experience, Opinion Outpost, My Survey, Pinecone Research and iPoll all have Paypal. There is no fee associated with Paypal at the first 3, but a 3% fee for iPoll.

You risk getting disqualified quite a bit with Opinion Outpost, iPoll, and mysurvey, not so much with Pinecone--at least not the ones you get email invitations for. Pinecone pays $3 a survey with no minimum to cashout. The others require a minimum amount of points before you can cashout.

Hello, My name is Taylor

Im just getting started with this whole survey/online money thing so im looking for a bit of advice. I have looked around on google quite a bit but its hard to figure out what is a sponsored article and whats not.

I need to make a little bit of extra cash to supplement my income, not a whole lot, but maybe 100-200 a month. From what i have read, if i put a good 6ish hours in a day this shouldn't be a problem with the right sites and a bit of luck. Im currently on swagbucks and am liking its ease of use, have gotten over 1k bucks in 2 days. Id like some suggestions on good survey sites, or sites i have to watch videos for, or anything else really. What i dont want are games, or sign up for this trial and get this much back, i cant spend any money on this. I also need it to pay out in paypal, not amazon or other gift cards. Any legitimate site suggestions would be helpful, thank you!

Global Test Market has checks and paypal available and JD Power Panel has paypal at the $50 level. I believe JD is owned by the same company as Ipoll so you might want to consider one or the other. Directive Analytics pays in cash, however the surveys are few. I have been a member of Pinecone for a yr and have not gotten the 1st survey. Opinion Outpost is ranked well on this site, but I dont have the patience for all of the glitches in their surveys so I dropped them. Inbox Dollars pays with checks, but it takes some work to cash out. They have lots of the stuff you said you are not interested in--can just ignore these parts.

I believe JD is owned by the same company as Ipoll so you might want to consider one or the other.

they've confirmed you can be on any of their combined (i believe 6?) websites.. personally i don't see much on JDP so it's no big deal anyhow.

I see some didn't mention Ipsos they pay by Paypal and so does Epoll.Not fast making sites however I find them to be less of a hassle then certain sites like Valued Opinion,Opinion outpost and any Surveyhead company.Why?Because they put the points in your account as soon as your done doing the survey.If not then shot them off a email and 9 out of 10 times the problem will get fixed shortly.The problem with the other sites it takes a while for them to validate the survey and reward your account with your points.So you need to make a list of all surveys done like........name of survey company /date taken/amount to be paid and the due date.If they don't pay then send them a email and good luck with them responding. Darwins Data is good if they send you survey to do so far I have only received 2 and each paid $25(right?)

I always suggest that newbies check the 'Rant and Rave" section here so you will have some sort of idea what your up against.Some of us will have good experiences with certain companies while others wont.You need to see what suits you the best.Good luck and if you ever need advice this is the best place to come.Plus survey companies come here and read our postings so if you would like to do a shout out to them because they wont answer your emails this is a good place for that also,not that you'll see results but then again you never know..

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, My name is Taylor

I need to make a little bit of extra cash to supplement my income, not a whole lot, but maybe 100-200 a month. From what i have read, if i put a good 6ish hours in a day this shouldn't be a problem with the right sites and a bit of luck. Im currently on swagbucks and am liking its ease of use, have gotten over 1k bucks in 2 days. Id like some suggestions on good survey sites, or sites i have to watch videos for, or anything else really. What i dont want are games, or sign up for this trial and get this much back, i cant spend any money on this. I also need it to pay out in paypal, not amazon or other gift cards. Any legitimate site suggestions would be helpful, thank you!

Welcome to the forum.

There is nothing quick about doing online surveys for cash really. It does pay good over time but It takes patience and persistence. Oh and lots of venting your frustrations. LOL

Welcome to the forum.

There is nothing quick about doing online surveys for cash really. It does pay good over time but It takes patience and persistence. Oh and lots of venting your frustrations. LOL

I agree with all of this! You can build up some nice cash and giftcards that can help offset some bills, but it takes awhile. Otoh, if you do surveys instead of watching soap operas or talk shows or playing video games, then it's a better use of your free time because it pays...every little bit helps. And so far (since May) I've redeemed over $800 in PayPal and GC's. Doesn't make me rich, but it sure makes a difference in tough times.

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with all of this! You can build up some nice cash and giftcards that can help offset some bills, but it takes awhile. Otoh, if you do surveys instead of watching soap operas or talk shows or playing video games, then it's a better use of your free time because it pays...every little bit helps. And so far (since May) I've redeemed over $800 in PayPal and GC's. Doesn't make me rich, but it sure makes a difference in tough times.

Same with me...............

I've done all my CHRISTmas shopping and am just about done using Amazon gift cards, over $1000. worth.......... :D

There is no way I would have $$$ to buy presents without surveys and Amazon............ :)

I just Thank GOD HE gave me the know-how and a computer to do these things...................... :P

And so far (since May) I've redeemed over $800 in PayPal and GC's. Doesn't make me rich, but it sure makes a difference in tough times.

I've done all my CHRISTmas shopping and am just about done using Amazon gift cards, over $1000. worth.......... :D

Hey Huntress and 1957 Horses,

Could you share what survey sites you are successfully using?

And so far (since May) I've redeemed over $800 in PayPal and GC's. Doesn't make me rich, but it sure makes a difference in tough times.

I've gotten the following since May:

Opinion Outpost Redeemed $380 in Paypal, have another $20+ ready to redeem

iPoll--I've redeemed $400 so far in Visa Promo Codes ($100 of this was from my previous Surveyhead balance)

Tellwut--$50 Amazon GC--have enough for another $25 GC for either Walmart or Amazon, but I'm going to wait before redeeming

My Survey and Pinecone as well as SurveySpot were probably ~$50 in total (that would've been Paypal)

I've redeemed $130 in Visa Promo codes and a $20 amazon gc with Valued Opinions--BUT I'm not including those since most of the rewards were earned prior to May and finally posted after waiting months and I rarely get any surveys from them now.

So the top ones for me have been:

Opinion Outpost

iPoll

Tellwut

I do the ones most everybody else does. But a lot of times the pain from RA won't let me sleep, so I will be doing surveys at 2-3am in the morning. I've come to the conclusion for me anyway that OO has more surveys at that time and so do some of the other sites and also seems to me that I get dq'ed less at that time. I've also done a few focus groups (I sign up with as many as are for me I might get in 1 out of 15 (I did 9 in all this year so far) but once I was in 3 the same week and another time 2 on the same day), and most the time I will buy Amazon cards for all or half of what I'm paid depending how much it was for. For me, I like having a large amazon balance in case an emergency happens like last winter my husband slid on ice with the car and both front tires went flat, I had $$ in amazon to get 2 $100 tires and they were delivered in 2 days free shipping. If I got paid in cash, check or paypal I wouldn't save anything. I'd spend it all. I know getting amazons I will be able to get gifts for people I love for birthdays mothers/fathers day CHRISTmas. Doing surveys for me is a labor of LOVE, I so much enjoy getting gifts for friends and family. Even giving my husband or mom (she lives with us she will be 90 5 days before CHRISTmas) a surprise just to say "I LOVE YOU", or a sick friend something to brighten up their day. I get my pets toys or treats from amazon, they are cheaper then Walmart or PetSmart for the same exact thing. They love CHRISTmas as much as a person, they may not know we celebrate the Birth of CHRIST, but they know when we (and my dear friend of 25 years who is alone stays with us during the holidays) are opening gifts they they are getting in on the fun. My parrot walks in like he owns the place and starts tearing things open and squawks throwing things with his beak and then he starts laughing (sounds like me laughing) The cat chasing a new toy, the dogs ripping the paper off a chew toy. I wouldn't have those memories or gifts if it wasn't for doing surveys and saving Amazons.

THE END.................. :D

the dogs ripping the paper off a chew toy. I wouldn't have those memories or gifts if it wasn't for doing surveys and saving Amazons.

our dog gets her own present every year also.. wrapped and all :P

the dogs ripping the paper off a chew toy. I wouldn't have those memories or gifts if it wasn't for doing surveys and saving Amazons.

our dog gets her own present every year also.. wrapped and all :P

My 2 dogs have their own stockings and seem to know that when we get our stockings (LOL)that they'll get theirs.

Also I might add, C & R pays $3-5 from doing a test product like when they send pizza's, I got $20 from OO for doing the cat litter pt plus getting the cat litter saved me $$ form not having to buy any for 2 months because they sent me 2 different ones to try. I get some surveys from a Columbia University Center for Decision Sciences, that pay $5-20. I don't know how I started getting them, or I would defiantly share. I got $10 from i-say for doing an extra added 5 minute survey on battires. It all adds up.................. :D