opinion outpost profiling

avemaria

i swear at this point i think each member has their own dedicated hard drive to secure all the profile information they collect on us every time we try to take a survey.. it's never ending.. each day i see a new list of cars i don't own and a few new brands of alcohol i don't drink.. and no, i'm still not into rock climbing, energy drinks or flavored water.....

I wish they'd actually use the information we input in our profiles when we initially sign-up when we take these surveys. They know how old I am and whether I'm married or single, have kids or not--so:

1. Why do they put surveys on my dashboard that are meant for women who younger, married, have kids, etc. when I'm none of those things?

2. Why do they have me fill out the exact same demographic information over-and-over again when all of it should be transferred from my profile to the survey? I waste so much time filling out the following info:

what is your age?

what is you gender?

what is your income level?

what is your educational level?

are you hispanic?

what is your ethnic group?

are you a parent or guardian?

what is the number of people in your household, their age, gender, relationship to you?

are you married, never married, divorced, in a domestic partnership, widowed?

I wish they'd actually use the information we input in our profiles when we initially sign-up when we take these surveys. They know how old I am and whether I'm married or single, have kids or not--so:

1. Why do they put surveys on my dashboard that are meant for women who younger, married, have kids, etc. when I'm none of those things?

2. Why do they have me fill out the exact same demographic information over-and-over again when all of it should be transferred from my profile to the survey? I waste so much time filling out the following info:

what is your age?

what is you gender?

are you hispanic?

what is the number of people in your household, their age, gender, relationship to you?

I only fill it out once in a while, I DON'T fill it every time............... :shock:

what is your age?

what is you gender?

are you hispanic?

I only fill it out once in a while, I DON'T fill it every time............... :shock:

I'm talking about the surveys I get on the sites, not the profile. I only fill out the profile once when I sign up and then if anything major changes. I just think they should have our profile info imbedded into the survey in advance from our account (since they already know who we are for the purposes of the reward).

GTM's "mini profiles" before every survey are the most ridiculous, because they just throw questions at you at random, and sometimes they mix and match sections that don't even belong together.

Just in case any GTM spies are lurking (and I suspect all the survey companies know of this site by now) it's really this simple....

You asked me to fill out a profile when I joined your site. I did so. If there are any relevant changes to that information, I'll let you know.

Now STOP BUGGING ME ABOUT IT, and wasting my time with out of order questions.