Pinecone Research Panel Invitation?

1cent2help

I'm just wondering if this is legit? I have tried for several months to get on with Pinecone and out the blue they want me to do a panel and not a survey. In my experience it usually works the other way around. I end up with panels after I have done survey's with a company.

I'm not sure if anyone has gotten a panel from them recently? Sorry I can't go into detail about the panel. I can say the email is in a person's name. [email protected]

The address looks legit.

Is it Karen Scott? When you hold your mouse over it it should say [email protected]

the address you gave don't sound legit.

If you're not a member they should not be contacting you, it's probably spam, i've never gotten anything like this from them.

Does it include your ID and Password if you are a member?

All of their addresses except the rewards are @pineconeresearch.com then whatever dept. is after the /

I'm just wondering if this is legit? I have tried for several months to get on with Pinecone and out the blue they want me to do a panel and not a survey. In my experience it usually works the other way around. I end up with panels after I have done survey's with a company.

I'm not sure if anyone has gotten a panel from them recently? Sorry I can't go into detail about the panel. I can say the email is in a person's name. [email protected]

The address looks legit.

I got several spam emails using the Pinecone Research name. There is an alert about phony emails on the website:

http://www.pineconeresearch.com/Importa ... Notice.htm

I would email Karen Scott and ask her if it is a legitimate request.

We have just posted an article about being contacted by Pinecone Research, and how to identify if it's really them or not: http://www.surveypolice.com/articles/pinecone-research-scam

I tried to add this comment to the article but was not able to (I could not log-in via Discus):

As a Pinecone panelist who has received several of these scam emails, I can tell you that legitimate Pinecone invitations will greet you by name in the email as well as provide your log-in information including your panelist ID number and password. The fake emails contain none of this information.

We have just posted an article about being contacted by Pinecone Research, and how to identify if it's really them or not: http://www.surveypolice.com/articles/pinecone-research-scam

I tried to add this comment to the article but was not able to (I could not log-in via Discus):

As a Pinecone panelist who has received several of these scam emails, I can tell you that legitimate Pinecone invitations will greet you by name in the email as well as provide your log-in information including your panelist ID number and password. The fake emails contain none of this information.

Thanks for the tip Huntress! We will add this information to the article shortly.

We tested the commenting on the article and did not run into problems. If you could please PM us with the problems you encountered with Discus, we'd really appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...

Been seeing a few of these as well lately. They are now spoofing the address so that it looks like it came from [email protected]. The email says you were selected to participate in a panel of some sort that pays $150. You need to click on the link to apply. If it were a real Pinecone invite , as stated above , your name , ID , and password would be in it. You would not have to apply. Tried one just to see what came of it. The reply was that I was accepted and a check for almost $2000 was on the way (never arrived). I was to cash (not deposit) the check , visit a Western Union and send all but $150 of it plus expenses to designated people (info was to be with the check). Definite scam.