Rant: I had 2 $50 Gift Cards Stolen this past week!

Huntress

So I've been redeeming my iPoll rewards for $50 Visa Promo Codes. As soon as iPoll sends the VP confirmation code, I redeem the code and then use the virtual visa card to go online and purchase GC's from one of my local grocery stores which I normally get within 2-3 business days.

I had 2 $50 Visa Promo Codes to redeem this time and ordered one $50 gift card and a few days later another one. When the first card still hadn't arrived by Saturday (after 5 days) I phoned the company who assured me it had been mailed that Monday. I said I'd wait until Monday. Well Monday came and went and still no sign of either gift card. I contacted the company again and when they researched it, their records showed the first card had been mailed on 9/16 and redeemed by someone on 9/17. I then asked about the second card, and that also was redeemed.

Now they know the location where both cards were used. The place I order the cards from is in the center-east of the state, I am in the northeastern part of the state. All my mail is now processed in the southeastern part of the state--even if I send it to the neighbor down the street it has to first be routed to the southeast processing facility. Both cards were used in the southeastern part of the state. So it doesn't take too much effort to figure out who stole my cards. I filed reports with the US Postal Inspector and contacted the USPS directly as well.

So be aware that mail employees do steal gift cards. What a shame. This is the first time it's happened so apparently some new hire decided to treat him or herself to groceries using my cards! The grocery chain sent my replacement cards UPS and I got them yesterday, thankfully!

I happy for you that they gave you back more gift cards. It's not your fault someone stole them........ :D

In a way I guess getting a code is sometimes better but then someone can hack a computer, and you can't use a code in a store. It's a shame just some people can't be trusted, but that's the way it's been since the beginning of time......... :cry:

Sorry to hear that Huntress. There are many out there who are always looking to get something for free. Any opportunity that comes along. Just remember Karma is a real b$@#%! 8)

Glad to hear they made it right. I'm sure that was a big relief to you. I know it would be for me.

I happy for you that they gave you back more gift cards. It's not your fault someone stole them........ :D

In a way I guess getting a code is sometimes better but then someone can hack a computer, and you can't use a code in a store. It's a shame just some people can't be trusted, but that's the way it's been since the beginning of time......... :cry:

I guess the USPS needs to watch who they hire better.

Sorry to hear that Huntress. There are many out there who are always looking to get something for free. Any opportunity that comes along. Just remember Karma is a real b$@#%! 8)

Glad to hear they made it right. I'm sure that was a big relief to you. I know it would be for me.

Yes--I'm glad the store believed me that I wasn't the one using them. It's a shame that even though tampering with the US Mail is a federal offense that some people just don't care. The post office needs to weed out thieves like this.

I have heard about this happening on the news.I would think having a job would be more important then stealing.Just hope they catch whoever did this.What about the next time they do this and the company wont reissue a new card to the person who's was stolen?Not only that but this is another prime reason why we have to pay higher prices or the fee's for the cards to begin with.These companies are not going to keep eating these cost and not pass it on to us.Shame on anyone who tries to justify stealing.Another thing I cant tolerate besides liars are stealer's.

I have heard about this happening on the news.I would think having a job would be more important then stealing.Just hope they catch whoever did this.What about the next time they do this and the company wont reissue a new card to the person who's was stolen?Not only that but this is another prime reason why we have to pay higher prices or the fee's for the cards to begin with.These companies are not going to keep eating these cost and not pass it on to us.Shame on anyone who tries to justify stealing.Another thing I cant tolerate besides liars are stealer's.

I know they are lucky to even have a job in this economy--the thing is we just had our local processing facility shut down and everything rerouted to this place because the post office was consolidating operations. So we lost jobs in our area to this place.