why?why?why do they do this?

theskyhunter

im so sick and tired of getting this particular survey where at 1st it asks whither you you see and hear the tiger in the zoo video. and then it asks you if you see and hear it. well.. you say correctly.. yes.. and then...you are told you dont qualify! WHAT the heck!!!! all youve done is told them a correct answer and you get dq'd??? :x and like a dummy i keep trying to do it. ill never learn i reckon. :(:oops:

I feel your pain. I've since deemed the zoo tiger video as a bad sign. :lol:

There's another type of survey containing an image of an apple and when I'm asked what type of food appears, I get disqualified.

yep, ive bitten(i know, bad pun :D ) into that one too.

why why why when I answer 'no' to 'have you completed a survey about (insert topic) in the past month' I get d/q'ed? Do they only want the same people who've already been surveyed on the topic?

why why why when I'm 3/4 of the way through the survey, and answer I don't like product X or haven't shopped in store Y for the past 12 months I get d/q'ed? I mean if those answers are so critical, put them at the beginning of the survey, not near the end!

im so sick and tired of getting this particular survey where at 1st it asks whither you you see and hear the tiger in the zoo video. and then it asks you if you see and hear it. well.. you say correctly.. yes.. and then...you are told you dont qualify! WHAT the heck!!!! all youve done is told them a correct answer and you get dq'd??? :x and like a dummy i keep trying to do it. ill never learn i reckon. :(:oops:

I've done this one a few times myself. One time it was a tiger and the other times it was an elephant. Kinda leaves you scratching your head wondering what the heck they want you to say. I don't get it either. :?:

I've done this one a few times myself. One time it was a tiger and the other times it was an elephant. Kinda leaves you scratching your head wondering what the heck they want you to say. I don't get it either. :?:

yeah,really! if i had most of my hair back i probably woulda done pulled it out trying to figure it!. :D

• 1 year later...

I agree as well with some of these things we see over and over. Isn't it funny though that we learn pretty quickly what "not" to select to make sure we do qualify for it though :)

I qualify for all of those video bot checks the OP describes 90% of the time. My guess is there's a video for each answer, and a target demographic associated with each video. Assuming that they do in fact know your demographic info before they ask for it yet again, perhaps the d/q is the result of them verifying that while you may not be a bot, your demographic isn't the same as the one associated with the video.

Or, it could be that someone done goofed and put up the wrong video for the question, which would naturally mean that the correct answer would have to be guessed. Or even that someone was too lazy to replace the dq message with the more apt but equally frustrating "This survey has already received the target amount of respondents."

I get the panda one all the time.

freaked me out the first time because i had my volume up loud.. the panda is just sitting there and then lets out a squealing scream

Oh, ever so much fun when you get a dog barking or a cat doing the cat thing. My dogs start going nuts, barking and running around like fools. They are also not terribly fond of the panda.