Homescan - AC Neilson - Anyone else...

Packfan104L4

Did anyone else get an email from and ACNeilson panel talking about Homescan where you scan barcodes of products you buy and upload them once a week?

If you did or if anyone has signed up, let me know if it's legit. I've never signed up with AC Neilson, but the email was sent to my survey email account, so I'm unsure.

Thanks in advance.

years ago, I received the Home Scan barcode scanner and yes, it is legit, its just a pain in the butt! You have to plug it into your telephone line and upload the info each night. Hubby put his foot down so we sent it back! However, things might have changed, and maybe you plug it into your computer now? dunno....just know it is legit, so don't worry. You just have to scan all your shopping barcodes. I use barcode scanners at work, so I know a bit about them. :D

LizzieAnn

My mum does a scan one, not sure of the name. I tried but as I use a mac and not a pc the software was not compatible. My mum does quite well out of it, although I think it looks like a bit of a pain.

• 1 month later...

I became a member of AC Nielson about 3 years ago, It is a good company, but it is a pain sometimes to scan everything you buy, and to remember to Transmit your scans once a week, This is similar to the Nielson TV rating boxes they put in peoples homes to see what you are watching, You have to download a program so they can watch what you do online, which I did only because Nielson has been around for years and is a reputable company, and I have never had a problem with the program on my computer. They give you points for each week you transmit your purchases and bonus points for surveys you do , there are other ways to get points too. The longer you have been with them the more points they give you each week for transmitting, Every year it goes up, So far I have exchanged my points for a Coach purse and currently have enough points again for something else, saving them for something big. I hope this helps

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am new here. I just joined AC Nielson Home Scan too, and they e-mailed me saying I was accepted and they will be mailing me a scanner too. I think it just gets plugged into the computer, and I have a PC. I will follow this topic to see how everyone else does. I know they are a legitimate company, so I feel good about that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in my second week of doing the scans, still trying to get the hang of it! When I got the scanner, I didn't see anything to hook up to computer, called them, they said I had to use phone to transmit ... gee thanks.

Looking at their redemption catalog, without surveys, looks like it'll be a year before I earn enough points to order the cheapest item. Hope the surveys give some good points!

Figured I'd try it a while and see how much effort it took to do. Like many others, I've known of Nielsen for "100 years" and always thought it would be neat to be a part of that. We'll see!

jaws

I just got my scanner today. It's so fun and easy to follow. It may be a different story when I have to transmit it all at the end of the week though, lol. I wish it paid money instead of gifts. However, I guess that we can save up points for whichever items we will need in the future and not have to buy them, so that helps, although it may take a long time. I know that they are a reputable company, so I would much rather do business with them than go on some website where they say they give surveys, and they really just want you to buy stuff, sign on with third party merchants or fill your e-mail inbox with spam. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!