Who sold my number ?

footfree

So today I get about 8 phones calls from Insurance companies wanting me to buy either car or health insurance.They said I filled out a online survey saying I wanted quotes.I never did such a thing or at least I dont remember giving anybody permission to do so.To say I'm totally upset is a understatement.

Today I had a conference call with Fieldworks and I was suppose to be by myself and have total quietness so there were no interruptions.I got 3 calls in 5 minutes right before I was to make that call,I mean literally at 10:55 am I got 3 calls and I was to call fieldworks at 11:00 .Thank goodness my husband told me about *70(for call waiting) .It's a number you dial right before calling the number your trying to reach and they block any incoming calls while your on your conference call.

I would like to know who did this and give them a big kick in the pants.But in the meantime thank goodness that no. worked and all calls were blocked.This is one of the things that make you real leery about doing any surveys.

Did you create an account on healthcare.gov? My mom made one for my dad a week ago and he started receiving calls from some health insurance company every day from a 954 area number. I finally blocked the number today. It was getting annoying.

I would hate to blame the new health exchange, but it's the only thing my dad has signed up for recently.

So today I get about 8 phones calls from Insurance companies wanting me to buy either car or health insurance.They said I filled out a online survey saying I wanted quotes.I never did such a thing or at least I dont remember giving anybody permission to do so.To say I'm totally upset is a understatement.

Today I had a conference call with Fieldworks and I was suppose to be by myself and have total quietness so there were no interruptions.I got 3 calls in 5 minutes right before I was to make that call,I mean literally at 10:55 am I got 3 calls and I was to call fieldworks at 11:00 .Thank goodness my husband told me about *70(for call waiting) .It's a number you dial right before calling the number your trying to reach and they block any incoming calls while your on your conference call.

I would like to know who did this and give them a big kick in the pants.But in the meantime thank goodness that no. worked and all calls were blocked.This is one of the things that make you real leery about doing any surveys.

Are you a member of Inbox Dollars? About a yr ago, I completed an insurance survey on their site. Immediately after submitting the survey, I began receiving calls from health insurance companies and the calls continued coming in for probably 3-4 months.

Maybe it was web md I mean we already have health insurance.I really dont remember submitting any numbers.All I wanted to know is if we could get it cheaper.I mean $500 a month for something we don't use seems like a waste of money.Plus we will be under the grandfather clause so it's not like things will be changing for us.I mean it could have been them.See I knew there was a reason I needed to go to the doctor my memory is shot.Okay so that could explain health insurance , now why the car?

When I first got into this whole "survey game" I signed up with a few of the "less than reputable" sites before I discovered Survey Police and had a way of knowing the really bad from the not so bad (hard to say many of them are actually "good" these days).

I got absolutely spammed with insurance company phone calls and junk mail every day. Hell, I STILL average three pieces of junk mail a week from the Globe Life Insurance company. The stack of crap from that company alone would be enough paper to decimate a small redwood forest.

The only phone number I ever give out to any survey company now is an old Sipgate line which I have set to go straight to voice mail. I let my main phone number die off when I didn't re-subscribe to NetTalk (good phone service, but their proprietary hardware is crap, and you can't use anything else).

Oddly enough I still get random calls with my new phone number that I've had about three months. Where those are coming from, God only knows......

I've gotten a few robocalls from an insurance company in the last few weeks, but not too bad. What is bad is that some survey company sold my e-mail address (I know it was one of them, because I only use this account for surveys), and now I am getting 30-40 "penis enlargement" spams a day. I went on holiday, and when I came, there were over 500 of these disgusting things. And ha-ha on them, I'm not a man.

I've gotten a few robocalls from an insurance company in the last few weeks, but not too bad. What is bad is that some survey company sold my e-mail address (I know it was one of them, because I only use this account for surveys), and now I am getting 30-40 "penis enlargement" spams a day. I went on holiday, and when I came, there were over 500 of these disgusting things. And ha-ha on them, I'm not a man.

Same here, one day last week and suddenly 200 "penis enlargement" I keep blocking them and more keep coming through................................... :twisted: