GlobalTestMarket redeem question

th1986

A bit confused about needing 1000 points to redeem.

Just for example , if i have say 1050 points , redeem $20 paypal for 460 points leaving me under 1000 points , am i able to redeem another $20 for 460 more points? Or since my balance will have dropped under 1000 points will i have to wait to get my balance over 1000 again ?

If that's the case I'm going to have to reconsider using them since as far as paypal that almost leaves you stuck needing 2300 points for the $100 to make redeeming not really worth it if your just always going to be stuck leaving points on your balance and they don't offer a $40/$50 option to redeem.

So far I'm pretty satisfied with them compared to the other survey sites I've joined and it's one of the main ones I go to because the payment amount is somewhat decent/fair , at least comparing to a lot of them I'm a member of (mysurvey , surveyspot , myview , any of the paid offer sites that also offer surveys) , I'd say it's top used along with Opinion Outpost maybe a smidge better given less screen outs and slightly better pay on average even before considering time wasted on screen outs , but still miles behind Pinecone , but given the lack of Pinecone surveys I'd hate to drop globaltestmarket since points add up fast and i usually have a few surveys a day that I'll qualify for , but I'd prefer to not have up to $99.99 in virtual money on the line , in the event the site goes belly up and I take a lose for >1000 market points worth of rewards , i mean 1000 before redeeming (so 40 something dollars) is already steep but I suppose i can live with that so long as after every 1,000 points i can drain as many of those as possible.

Figured I'd ask because my plan was to redeem as soon as i hit 1000 but then i wasn't sure if I'm able to redeem my full balance of over 1,000 points broken into separate rewards. I sent a email over a week ago with no response and have since decided I'd just wait until i get enough for $100 paypal , which now isn't far off but if it's not necessary I'd rather redeem sooner. Hope this question makes sense , thanks!

I answered my own question.

I can in fact drain as much of my points , guess i should of just played around with the reward store but was scared to hit "redeem now" in fear it would redeem instantly and not leave me any choice.

Sorry for the waste of space thread

Once you get to 1000 Marketpoints, there's definitely a catch that every member comes to realize, in that you can't redeem all of your points since the reward options vary and there is no longer a set and fixed reward for the 1000 points. So what I did recently when I reached this amount was save it up to 1090 points, then redeemed 3 quantities of $15 ($45 total) through PayPal, leaving only a few points in my account. You don't have to wait until you necessarily have 2323 points. You can just select installment payments of $15 or $20 to cashout most of your points. I'm also sure you don't want to completely restart from scratch, so leaving a few points behind shouldn't hurt.

When I got to that point , I don't know, I just requested a check like I had done in the past and then marked my calendar. In the past it always took about 4 to 6 weeks to receive it, so imagine my surprise with the new system in place I had a 50 dollar check in less than 2 weeks.

Checks still seem to take a month or so to get here.... Even though I live in the same state as where GTM claims their office is (even though the check always arrives with a Canadian postmark on it, so that seems unlikely)

Well I cashed out on the 8th of Oct. for a check and I haven't received it yet.So that makes it 2 weeks.I bet they cut checks once a month and it depends when you cash out as to how soon you will receive it.

I redeemed on Oct 19th for Amazon cert & received it yesterday so not a bad turnaround there...but I also redeemed for Paypal & haven't received that yet...just can't figure out why the don't make it an "Instant Payment"?

I keep getting offered a GTM 5 minute survey for 5 points every couple of days. It comes up full every time I click on it. Maybe you'll qualify for this one and then you'll just need 2 points!!

I keep getting offered a GTM 5 minute survey for 5 points every couple of days. It comes up full every time I click on it. Maybe you'll qualify for this one and then you'll just need 2 points!!

:evil:

I seem to average a $50 gift card about once a month. I viewed my history and it's within 2 or 3 days of each other each month, it's kinda weird. lol I definitely consider them one of my Go To survey sites, I'm basically averaging $600 a year through this one site alone.