Opinion Outpost

JenHerold

New here, but have been reading here for a week or so. I joined OO when I saw good reviews in the "new survey' thread, and now those are gone, so I assume the admins here deleted those. I can only assume they were deleted b/c the good reviews were 'shills' or otherwise. Well, I joined the site. I did I think 5 Surveys and each time just got entered into 5 sweeps. I'd be curious as to what others think.

I'm new to it, so I'll give it a month or so, but would appreciate input.

Qualifying for surveys depends on your demographics just like any other survey site. In the little over 2 months since I joined OO I have attempted over 600 surveys and been able to complete about 40%. Don't think my demographics are that good IMO. Evey once in awhile you just run into streaks where you don't qualify. At least with OO if you visit frequently enough you should get a good number of surveys. Best site out there IMO for number of surveys and quick payment.

ETA: I went back and looked at my survey history and I have multiple instances of strings of not qualifying 5, 6, even 7 times in a row before completing a survey.

While OO apparently works well for some, I had nothing but problems with this site last fall after joining. Over and over I would be 20 minutes into a survey and then be told that the survey was full. Even worse, I'd completely finish the survey and be told it was full. Over and over, I ran into glitches that would not allow the surveys to advance after having given much info. After receiving several messages that the site was not safe from my antivirus protection, I just threw my hands up and dropped Opinion Outpost. Perhaps they were implementing some new computer system and didn't have all the wrinkles worked out --I'm not sure what was going on but I have never had the amount of problems that I had with any other survey company. It just wasn't worth my time and the aggravation. Apparently things have improved for the better for some.

I haven't gotten anything with them except a .50 one. One out of 18 isn't very good. I gave up on them before and went back. Now, I'm not sure if I can stay with them.

I joined OO when I saw good reviews

You might want to take a look at the number of posts written by the reviewer. I am always a little suspicious when I see that someone, who has just joined this site, is posting a glowing rave for just one company. Lately, it seems that 2-3 newbies post glowing reports back to back for the same company. I could be completely wrong, but it appears that at least one survey site's employees may be trying to boost rankings and counter negative comments by posing as survey-takers.

You might want to take a look at the number of posts written by the reviewer. I am always a little suspicious when I see that someone, who has just joined this site, is posting a glowing rave for just one company. Lately, it seems that 2-3 newbies post glowing reports back to back for the same company. I could be completely wrong, but it appears that at least one survey site's employees may be trying to boost rankings and counter negative comments by posing as survey-takers.

Yes I fear the pulled the joined button a little too early, but as I said, I'll give them a month or so and try to review them for you guys. Thanks to all for your help!

Amen :evil:

You are completely wrong in my case: http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt17 ... onPost.gif

Consider the possibility that IF you have been on their site for awhile they may not give you priority but instead are giving more weight to the newcomers. Pinecone Research will kick you off in some cases after a few years for fresh blood.

They are my favorite survey site overall. I joined them and several other sites this past April and have received over $240.00 in Amazon cards. I too, have gone through surveys with OO and after 15 minutes gotten screened out. I have complained and the majority of the time they gave me credit for taking it. As explained to me, what can happen is that a sponsor may only need one or two people for your demographic and that one or two other people finish the survey before you do. Here is a tip on OO. If you don't qualify, don't click on take another survey but rather no thanks.You then are taken to a screen where you can select a charity and they will donate a dime. Then you can click to go to your dashboard and try for another survey.