American Consumer Opinion

turkermom

I'm so mad at ACO! I completed a 500 point ($5.00) survey for them in October which should have credited in 4-6 weeks. On a lark, I tried to log in to see if it got credited early. My "user name or password was incorrect". That can't be, but I eventually clicked on "forgot your password?" and reset it using the email they have on file. I tried to reset it to the password I know it is and sure enough, I got a message that said it couldn't be changed to the existing password. OK, verification that they know me and have me in their computer, so I sent an email to them with a question of what the heck is going on.

I got a reply back (nice and fast) that said that "a search of their records indicates that I'm not an active member"- lie, see above- and that if I used to have an account then it must have been with another email or it may have been deleted from the system. Reason for deletion?.... I wasn't compliant with their terms and conditions.

What the hell is this? They have actually cancelled an account which has been in good standing for over 2 years over $5.00 ???? I've asked them to tell me exactly how I violated their terms, but I don't figure I'll get a response. If I do, I'll update.

I too, after 6 years had the same problem. After emailing I was told my account was suspended and that my balance would be sent out in a check. I was told by Anne Parks I could join but not with the same email address. I rejoined but two months later was suspended yet again. I have never been suspended from a survey site nor would I not be compliant. Seems they are out with the old and in with the new! :?

They seem to be having some "glitches" over at ACOP headquarters.....

Two or three months ago, I cashed out over there, and they claimed I had to be paid by check, as that was always their policy for "first payments".

Well, OK...... that would be fine. IF I hadn't been paid by them twice before, via PayPal. They claimed to have no record of that.

More recently it took about 5 weeks (and two "reminder" emails) to get my payment processed via PayPal. This is on top of the already ridiculous amount of time it takes for them to "verify" surveys once you complete them. Not Toluna or Vindale level of ridiculous, but far longer than it should take, considering they only send out about an average of two surveys/month.

For the most part, I'm OK with ACOP... it just seems like they might need to hire a few more people at their head office to keep up with the paperwork.

They seem to be having some "glitches" over at ACOP headquarters.....

Two or three months ago, I cashed out over there, and they claimed I had to be paid by check, as that was always their policy for "first payments".

Well, OK...... that would be fine. IF I hadn't been paid by them twice before, via PayPal. They claimed to have no record of that.

Yeah, I got that bit too. I emailed and asked them what the heck was going on. Here is the reply:

"We apologize for the confusion. We recently updated our systems to allow for

a new payment option in the form of Tango Card accounts and also to confirm

everyone's account. Because of which, we are requiring that everyone

cash-out (once) to check from the time that the update occurred, whether

they have used a different cash out method or not. This is so our systems

can sync with the new type of account and confirm that each of our panel

members has a valid mailing address.

Once you have cashed out to check, and it has been cleared through our bank,

your next cash-out will allow for the different options.

At that point you will only have to cash out to check if you update your

mailing address.

We apologize for the confusion and thank you for your patience."

That was October 15, still waiting for check (3 weeks so far).

Last year on vacation I received emails and tried to log on and do some and then others I was busy and couldn't find the time do them.On my return home I tried to log on and was told my email was suspended for inactivity.I was also told I could rejoin under another email and or username.I didn't want to set up another account and declined.So after reading others post here I'm glad I opted out.There are to many other companies out there and if this is the way they want to be about it then I say so long.Life is to short to deal with companies like that.