Amazon Making me want to PULL THEIR HAIR OUT

fiestyvermin

So last night I ordered a Cookware set off of Amazon it had a great price and stellar reviews. I have the money in my amazon account to cover the purchase so why not. This morn I log into my bank account and in less than 12 hours Amazon has already taken the money out of my account and used that to pay for the purchase. I do not remember reading about where I wanted the charge taken out of I am sure it was there but still. So I call Amazon on the phone and of course they did nothing wrong, why 90% of my orders are automatically deducted from my amazon account with me having to do nothing to specify payment makes zero sense but in typical fashion Amazon doesnt make mistakes. I called and the woman I got on the phone was totally useless trying to tell me that nothing had been charged because Amazon doesnt charge until it ships. If its not charged how am I being shown a minus in the amount of the cookware. Totally bogus. I was also told the order was cancelled and that it will take 2-3 days for the amount to show on my bank statement. If a company has the ability to show a debit in less than 12 hours that same company has the same ability to show a credit back to your account in the same amount of time.

Amazon is very close to losing every bit of credibility they had at one time. They need to redo all their options and start over again.

A couple of questions-was the item purchased from Amazon or from one of the stores set up to sell things?Sometimes you cannot pay with the gift card if it's not Amazon directly.

Where are you showing a minus - was it debit or a credit card ? Mastercard and Visa rules states they are not allowed to deduct until said item has been shipped.Debit cards are different while they may not have actually done a charge for the goods they can put a hold on your account until the item is shipped.They can also do this to your debit card at gas stations they can put a hold on your card for up to $75 (not absolutely positive could be less) just to make sure you have enough in your account and they get their money.There was a big story on this a while back and how upset people were at them being allowed to do this but it seems to be legal.

I know what you mean I went to purchase something one time and wanted to use my credit card and not my agc but there was no option for me to do this.They are always changing their web site and sometimes it can be confusing.Plus I dont like the $35 free shipping option I would like them to go back to $25.Not only that but their prices are no better then most companies out there now that they have started to charge taxes.You really have to do the homework and put in the effort to get the best prices.And one more thing I don't see why I cant buy a AGC with my Agc money to give as gift to someone else, it makes no sense to me.