I need advise from experts

kitamus1

I started signing up with surveys in Feb 09. I see very little from them in compensation for all the time I put in. Am I doing something wrong? I have spent so many hours I can't count & have very few points etc to show for it. If you could say how much per hour you are making what would it be? PLEASE HELP!

Three things:

Things don't happen quickly. You do have to prove yourself with certain panels. They want to be able to trust you as a panelist; they want to know that you will give thoughtful and honest answers.

I didn't think that Feb 2009 was a particularly busy month for the survey companies. In February I noticed a drop in my inbox invitations and in my earnings. Things have picked up in the last few weeks.

In the slow times I'm answering more of the daily surveys from some of the companies mentioned in other threads. But since they mostly send Greenfield and OTX surveys I do the daily Greenfield first, then return to GreenfieldOnline.com to answer any invites I received. I only do OTX on GlobalTestMarket, Opinion Outpost, or daily surveys on sites where I am close to payout.

I don't count how much I make per hour, just keep track of the points/incentives I get. I can cash out for a $10.00 amount about once every three months from some places.

It's not so much about making the money but looking at the trends, the questions, the new products.

Try Buzz Agent if you'd like to get free products, I'm getting some new facial products from them soon.

teachell

It was real slow for me at first too, but like everyone said, once you have proven yourself, the flow will get going; and Feb was real slow for me too. I keep a running ledger in excel so I have some idea of what I'm making, that way I know which ones to cash out at with just a glance. I won't get rich doing this, but I have fun, find it interesting and get a few extra pennies in my pocket that I normally wouldn't have.

I have been doing surveys for quite awhile, and it has never before degraded to this level, the fallout started in December 08 and has been getting worse since... The payouts used to be fair, the surveys used to be reasonably designed, and more companies treated us like human beings with our time being valuable... This has changed due to a bad economy and idiots doing surveys for free or very cheap, giving bad answers, and giving badly designed surveys that ask stupid questions attention... It is all about supply and demand, and obviously the supply that is abundant is garbage and the demand is for garbage rather than genuine quality good consumers that buy real products, give real answers, put in time, think and care. The results I see are less surveys that pay fairly, and the quality of products decreasing in the stores... As the economy dies, rather than try to get genuine opinions, restore the economy and innovate companies, many of the survey companies will try to scrape at the bottom for cash and disappear with a few rich guys retiring on islands and honest people and companies devastated by bad data and the money they wasted on this bad research. The only good company left is Pinecone Research, it is worthwhile to do their surveys if you can find your way in, you'll get like 3 or 4 surveys a month, $3 for each survey which only takes about 10 minutes, anything else is hit or miss these days.

I joined some survey panels because the Today show was talking about them. I thought it would be very fun & I could earn a little money. Was I sadly mistaken. I have spent well over 100 hours & can probably only cash out with one panel. I probably picked the wrong time to join. Everyone out of work must be wanting to earn money right now. I spend so much extra time taking a survey to do what you said about being thoughtful etc. Yet I have been ripped off from my reward several times already. Guess I will have to think this through for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

success in the survey world seems to be hit and miss for people just as it is for finding good companies. if you are still having many issues kit drop me a pm and ill try to help you. good luck.

• 2 months later...

Do not do free sweepstakes surveys. You will not get more paid ones. Companies are not looking for you to prove yourself.

STOP THE FREE SURVEY TREND BY REFUSING TO DO THEM!

• 3 months later...

Completely agree Whatatay. I never do the sweepstake ones. Why should I spend time giving my opinions or answer surveys on the offchance I may win a prize? I am also fed up with not qualifying for £1 or £2 surveys only to be offered another survey for the princely sum of 10p. Needless to say - I don't fill these in either. If they want quality data they should be fair to their members. Now if I am sent something to test I take a lot of time to do this properly and try to make sure I do the follow up survey with as much attention as possible. If the company are investing in me in this way it is only fair to give the company their monies worth. What goes around comes around! :D

• 2 months later...

i agree completely. i do not do the free or sweepstake ones unless they are 12 minutes or less. half of those are usually product tests. i have also noticed some companies will send it as a free one, after the 2nd or 3rd time i delete it, they sometimes send it back as a paid one. so you determine what is worth your time. also wanted to share with everyone i have started a new forum and i have lots of big paid studies listed in there, so if anyone wants the link to join please pm for the details. i even have some studies you cant find on the big forums, wont mention any names.

• 9 months later...
i do not do the free or sweepstake ones unless they are 12 minutes or less.

Some people never learn. I thought 15 minutes for $1.00 was asking too much.

• 4 months later...