Create an Online Surveys Folder for Your Email Program

cutiepie

One tip I would suggest for the newbies of surveys is to create rules in your e-mail client for where your survey invitations are routed to.

In my case I have my work e-mail address associated with all of my online survey accounts. But so that my survey e-mails don't get mixed up with regular work e-mails, I've created a set of rules in Outlook.

What I simply do is set a rule that says, for example, that all e-mails from [email protected] to go into the folder 'Online Surveys'. Then, when I have a few spare minutes at work, I can see all of my surveys in one convenient folder.

Works great for me.

An added benefit is that if one of your coworkers or your boss sees you checking your e-mail in your inbox, they won't see your online survey stuff right away! :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A few tips:

1.) Never use a personal email with identifying information. Use a disposable email like gmail or yahoo and periodically change them.

2.) Keep a paper copy of all survey companies that you sign up ( I keep a notebook with names, account information, etc.)

3.) Keep online folders for New Survey Companies and Redemptions ( I find this helps enormously with keeping track of survey # and payments). It also helps to write the information down in a notebook.

4.) If the survey company seem too good to be true, avoid it.

I'm trying to keep track of how much time I spend on surveys as well as the other information. I'm slowly culling out some of the sites that don't send me surveys as well as e-mailing some that I want more surveys from. I think I'll start a notebook as well as my computer spreadsheet.

I love this board!

teachell

• 1 month later...

absolutely - this board is an invaluable tool. I have folders in my aol email and have some for survey invitations and "awaiting payment" so I can send them a copy of the email I received to invite me to the survey in case they dont pay me.

LizzieAnn

• 3 months later...

Yes that is an excellent tip I had to do that myself because the more sites I joined the more email i received so I also used the filter so my surveys can go straight into the folder that way I don't have to go and search through all of my email looking for my surveys.