Invoke Solutions Payment

bogey09

As an aside, I did an online session with Invoke yesterday. Different moderator than I had previous times. I have to wonder if these sessions are not all scripted and then released to auto run by the moderator? Got kinda PO'd when at one time a bunch of questions came rapid fire w/o time to answer the question before 2 more appeared. Session also started before the scheduled time. Was not my usual smooth experience with Invoke.

• 3 weeks later...

At least they notify you. Since past payments were only delayed a short time I'm not overly concerned. Par for the course.

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, the payment for the study you took on XXXXXXX, March YY is being delayed."

Earlier this month, I participated in two different Invoke chats, each held a week apart. To my surprise the incentive for the first one showed up in my mailbox less than two weeks after the chat! The other one I'm still waiting for, but in the past I've had to wait 6 weeks.

• 6 months later...

I recently completed an invoke survey for 35 dollars. All previous surveys from invoke paid via paypal.

This one says they pay via "GiftPass". Does anyone know what giftpass is?

Near me, Inspired Opinions in Iselin, NJ, Focus Pt. Global in NYC (also in Philly), and Meadowlands Consumer Center (Secaucus NJ) have a few in person focus groups I qualify for in any given year. The pay normally ranges from $100-$150 for 1-2 hour sessions. I just got invited to an in-person session next week paying $250 for a mock jury study (but it's all day long). I never heard of Invoke, but I don't like to wait for weeks for a check that may or may not come. The in-person focus groups pay you immediately, before you leave.

Giftpass looks kind of like Tango, if you're familiar with that. You can exchange Tango for gift certs or cards to retailers, restaurant, etc. You just have to look at the site to see what kind of stuff they offer.

I used to wonder why Tango seems like an extra step -- why get a giftcard that you trade in for a giftcard, right?

What it boils down to is this:

Tango is not just a giftcard-- it's also a redemption processing company. So panels that previously used to pay another way, and had to handle redemption requests and processing in house, (which can be a huge undertaking,) will instead decide to use Tango's redemption service and then Tango will handle all the redemption stuff, so the panel doesn't have to and can just concentrate on the research itself. Many panels used to have to keep giftcards of all kinds, and would run out of certain ones or denominations, and send them, etc. That is a lot of work, and Tango can do it for them and the participants have a lot more options of giftcards, so it's kind of better for both parties...

So, I'm guessing GiftPass is a similar type of program, with similar redemption experiences and wait times.

• 3 months later...

I usually stumble upon invoke thru swagbucks

I just did one this week via a Swagbucks invite. First one since mid last year. They now pay in PASS gift cards. I prefer PayPal but I'll take it.

I've always got paid by invoke, but it's not without issues. I did a couple $35's in Oct and Nov. It was taking about 4 weeks. The woman above who talks about screen shots is right on about everything she said. Invoke is supposed to e-mail you a congratulations the next day after a project and that email tells you the payout time. They have extended the time, but again it was 4 weeks for me. If you don't get that email the next day, I would call them. I can't find their number right now, but I know I googled them and got it. I've had to call them several times the last few years and it has resulted in payment every time. I know that lately that have not been as on the ball about sending those thank you/congratulation emails the next day. I also went a stretch where I was getting invited to a invoke once or twice a day late last year from numerous different panels. I was told I was qualified and would be sent a link. I would guess the link only got sent about 10% of the time. I didn't bother calling and trying to maximize my participation; just not worth hassle for myself. 

I've even gotten paid when I didn't participate. I was not scamming, I booked the time for them in good faith(I am a message therapist) instead of taking a massage appointment. When I get slacked off as extra, I call and demand payment because I booked the time. I am always first or second in the group cattle call, so I should never get kicked out for them being over-booked.

• Thanks 1

I am obviously new, I didn't think I hit post the first time hence more on the topic: Sounds like invoke is going downhill. The post about screen shots and everything else she says is spot right on. I got paid for a couple invokes in Oct and Nov, took about 4 weeks. They are supposed to send you a congratulations email the next day confirming your completion. I have called them a few times when I did not get it and they just said "oh yeah, we aren't doing it for this study". Well, If you don't get the e-mail the next day, I would certainly call them and verify they got you in the complete list. I have been paid every time, but I have called them several times to cover my butt. I've never had anything but agreement from them when I've called. However, it's been a few months so maybe they are getting weird. I do remember late last year I was getting approved for one or two invokes every day from numerous different panels I participate in. Rarely did the links get mailed though, in the past; whenever I am told I am approved the upcoming study; I always would receive the link. I probably could have called and been able to participate in 6 or 8 more of them, but it just isn't worth the hassle for myself. From what I've read above, maybe it's good I didn't.  I can't find their number handy right now, but I know I've found it several times by googling them. Again, every time I've called, they have made things right so good luck.

• 1 year later...

I did a study for Invoke in early March.  Although I completed the study, and received an invite.  I still have not got paid.  In addition, my emails for payment are ignored.  I have been emailing directly to the original invite.