YourFreeSurveys Question

Whatatay

I just joined YourFreeSurveys and am finding it difficult to tell which of their suirveys are legitimate and which require you to sign up for something. Is this a scam survey site?

No, it's not a scam. I've been paid twice. I would be paid more often if I got serious about answering their surveys.

YourFreeSurveys does have offers- I ignore them, and stick to their daily Greenfield and OTX surveys.

I think they are better than other daily panels mentioned elsewhere for two good reasons:

1. They confirm completed surveys every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

2. They pay you automatically without you asking. Paypal payments are made 3 times a week, once you make the cashout level.

Cons: 1.Payout level is $30.00.

2. Daily surveys come from Greenfield and OTX.

I've ignored the cons, because you can reach the $30.00 cashout in pretty good time, and they confirm surveys quickly for a quick $30.00 payout.

I just got an email today to take a 25 question financial survey for $1.00.

All through it they ask if you want quotes on insurance, a home security system, etc. It's like they are always trying to sell you something. They ask for your email during the survey which I suppose the sell to the companies they ask if you want a quote from.

Then at the end of the survey, they want you to sign up for a "free" offer. It appears you don't get paid for the survey unless you select an offer. So far I haven't. The whole thing just isn't right compared to other survey sites.

I will just stick to the Greenfield and OTX surveys and see how that goes. Thanks for the info on that. I will avoid the other trickery on their site.

Then at the end of the survey, they want you to sign up for a "free" offer. It appears you don't get paid for the survey unless you select an offer. So far I haven't. The whole thing just isn't right compared to other survey sites.

I still get paid doing just the daily surveys and ignoring the offers at the end. At first, I played it safe by clicking on the least objectionable offer and then quickly closing the window. Now I just ignore it.

I'm attaching a recent quote from one of the administrators on their "Survival Guide to Online Surveys Blog :

Do I like the page that has offers on it? No. But you can skip to the bottom and ignore it if you wish

I can vouch for that, because I've been paid.

I'm trying to find another exact quote; it was also addressed to the moderator at either the blog or forum. Someone asked the moderator why YFS posted offers, and I pretty sure the reply was something like "I don't like offers myself, but some people out there like to make money with them, so we offer them." I think the next sentence was an assurance that not doing the offers did not deny you payment.

BTW: I said that they pay within hours, I was wrong:they pay 3 times a week via paypal.

Good info. Thanks to all.

I notice at the end of the surveys that have offers, if you try to click the "Finish" button without picking and offer, it says "An answer is required."

They sure make it look like you have to pick on. Good to know we can just ignore it and still get credit.

• 2 weeks later...

There 30.00 payout seems high, but last night I reached my second $30 payout in 4 months and this morning it was deposited into my paypal account. I don't mind taking the time to do surveys when the payout time is so reasonable. Waiting 8-12 weeks for some survey sites is rediculous.

There 30.00 payout seems high, but last night I reached my second $30 payout in 4 months and this morning it was deposited into my paypal account. I don't mind taking the time to do surveys when the payout time is so reasonable. Waiting 8-12 weeks for some survey sites is rediculous.

Like Global Test Market. I cashed out on Feb 23 and am still waiting. Probably be another 4 to 6 weeks. They made up some BS story about issuing duplicate points in December and took 6 weeks to fix it (they kept saying it will be fixed soon). Then, instead of expediting the checks for those people who they pulled this duplicate points BS on, they just stuck them at the end of the que while bragging on their website how everyone who cashed out after me got their checks.

• 7 months later...

i finally reached enough to get paid out with them, and they paid promptly as advertised, but i just dont think it's worth the time/effort to continue with them. forget about the OTX surveys, we all know how most people feel about them...but even the other $0.90 daily survey you can spend 20-30 minutes trying to qualify and complete a survey...not worth less than a buck IMO...that and i get the feeling i could end up qualifying for the same survey on a better paying site

And if the other daily sites confirm in less time and pay faster, then go for it. I've been a fan of YFS, but I will admit it does take me some time and effort for Yours Truly to get to the $30.00 mark. In recent weeks, I haven't been diligent about taking their daily surveys, because time is precious, and other panels have kept me busy.