Yougov email invites

fiestyvermin

Every email I get from YouGov says We know your time is valuable, and as a way of showing our thanks, you will be awarded at least 500 points when you complete this survey. The longer the survey, the more points you earn.

I am posting this because I am tired of them saying at least. At least means there is a chance that you can get more than the 500 but in the 4 or 5 years I have been a member I have never gotten anything over what the email invite says. At least gives the impression that at some time you would expect maybe 501 or 550 but when it is always the lowest amount in the email why the deception. I have been commenting on their fb page and I am not going to quit because the deception is uncalled for and at least means at some point in time whether the invite says 500 or 1000 I should get more than that but it never happens.

Every email I get from Yougov says We know your time is valuable, and as a way of showing our thanks, you will be awarded at least 500 points when you complete this survey. The longer the survey, the more points you earn.

I am posting this because I am tired of them saying at least. At least means there is a chance that you can get more than the 500 but in the 4 or 5 years I have been a member I have never gotten anything over what the email invite says. At least gives the impression that at some time you would expect maybe 501 or 550 but when it is always the lowest amount in the email why the deception. I have been commenting on their fb page and I am not going to quit because the deception is uncalled for and at least means at some point in time whether the invite says 500 or 1000 I should get more than that but it never happens.

I've done a few 1000 point surveys but like I said a few.I sometimes cringe when I get their surveys after doing them for so many years and them always asking the same questions it gets old fast.There are times they have sent me different entertaining surveys and I wish they would send more.Asking which company I like and do I have a good or bad opinion about them all the time gets old and tedious.

I just started this site a few weeks ago. I have 6000 points right now. All of my surveys have been for 500. I did have one 1000 point survey for updating my address. I'd love for more surveys with higher amounts to come around. or else they should lower the payout level.

I joined about a year ago, and I finally reached 30,000. I noticed that in the first few weeks I got a decent amount of surveys, and then it trailed off. I use it as a bonus site; if I have no other surveys to do and I have time, I do them.

I joined about a year ago, and I finally reached 30,000. I noticed that in the first few weeks I got a decent amount of surveys, and then it trailed off. I use it as a bonus site; if I have no other surveys to do and I have time, I do them.

That's what I'm using it for now. I figure the surveys aren't all that long and are pretty interesting. So it's a good one to keep on the back burner!

I am 25,000 points from cashing out. I think I will just hang in there until I can. Get an AGC and then take a break from it. I have belonged for years and haven't cashed out yet. But I am trying to get to 100K points.

I have no idea when I joined but I have done a ton of their surveys and my only complaint is with the wording. When it says at least 500 or at least 1000 then all I ever get is the lowest amount why have the words at least in the emails to me it is deception. Now I have been all over the YouGov fb page and gotten responses from them all and they only say that if we say at least 500 and give you 500 then that is not deception or lying cause you got what you were told. Its deceptive and I am not fond of it. I have earned 148000 and most of the surveys are incredibly quick and painless, stupid but they zero thought and very little effort. I cashed out for a darden 50 dollar in dec 2011 which cleared my account and in over 2 years have only earned 78k. There is no chance at all to use this to make any money to speak of cause at 100k for 100 dollars and only 500 or 1000 point surveys it can not be done.

I am 25,000 points from cashing out. I think I will just hang in there until I can. Get an AGC and then take a break from it. I have belonged for years and haven't cashed out yet. But I am trying to get to 100K points.

Took me 5 years to get the $100,however if I had done every survey they had sent me it might not have taken so long.I did get my money so at least I know they pay.

That's what I'm using it for now. I figure the surveys aren't all that long and are pretty interesting. So it's a good one to keep on the back burner!

im kinda doing the same thing too. hey I like em. i usually get at least 4 or more every week. it only takes me around 5 minutes or so to do each one. that's around $6 per hr. that's not the highest paying around, but hey after taxes with a $10 an hr job its not that bad. ive cashed out on the 100,000 level 2x's now.im at about 30,000 now. granted its taken me about 2 and 1 half years , but hey, but as it takes me short time to do em, I believe ill stick with them. ive gotten several of the 1,000 pointers. yes they are sporadic. they do need to work on their points tier.

• 4 weeks later...

Half the fun on YouGov was being able to post/interact. All of a sudden, none of my opinions are being saved & posted. Anyone have this problem? I contacted them, but they only answered the first time, saying they'll check into it. I finally asked if I was being censored...they haven't answered that. I miss posting on that site; it used to be my "Facebook".