Virtual Shopping Surveys (Incontext Solutions)

yobry1

I'm using win 7 with the latest firefox update. Since last fall every virtual shopping survey from Incontext solutions will not load the virtual store. I update java EVERYTIME I get one of these surveys and it still will not load. Is anyone else having this problem or had it? What did you do to fix it? I've even uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it a couple of times and it still doesn't work. Same goes for printing smartsource coupons, they won't print. Any help is appreciated.

I have nothing but issues with this one. I did finally get through one the other day for under a dollar. Finally got it! But usually it doesn't work for me.

I'm with JD, it might be a memory issue and recommend closing all of your programs except for the browser window containing the survey. When I had my portable netbook, I could never access the shopping surveys. When I got a new laptop, the surveys worked seamlessly. There was a 3 gigabyte memory difference from my two computers. From what I gather, the program Incontext Solutions uses is a pretty heavy application.

Thanx, I'll check/clear my cache first and raise my virtual memory. I have 4gb ram in this laptop and never have any other programs open when using my browser. Can't stand Chrome(uses way too much memory) and slows down my pc.

• 5 months later...

When I was using my old XP machine I could get these to work. Now that I use a Mac it just spins and spins saying it is loading but never does. Use FireFox on both machines.

I really like doing them but for me they take a very long time to load I had one sunday from my view I wanted the 1000 points but it took me a little over an hour because it was so slow loading not sure if it was worth it.

If they worked better I wouldn't mind doing them, but they take so damn long to load that when I finally DO get to shop the aisle, I'll take whatever comes within range and get the hell outta there! Ya gotta figure a lot of people will do that, so I don't understand the "wisdom" of creating such a complicated program. The results have to be skewed.

I agree with others. It takes too long to do these surveys. I have manage to complete some, but I wish they would do front view for all of the merchandise on the shelves. This does not have to be as difficult as they make it. Up, down, right, left, pick up, add, delete, drop in basket, get total and move on. If this is the wave of the future--lord help them or us :shock::shock: .

I hate these things. I have done one or two, but they are so much trouble that now, I just exit as soon as I see them. I have better things to do.

I just had another one this morning that was a waste of time. I never got past the first page...it sat there "loading" while I went and had breakfast, and never did load in 20 minutes. I tried reloading the page, and all that did was boot me out...it said that the password that got me in had already been used. And I don't think memory on this computer is the issue. I just got it a few weeks ago, and it has more memory than I do. It's so fast that I need a seat belt!

Unless you delete the Unity player after you've done the first survey, it's still on your computer, so you would THINK it would load quicker the next time. They generally pay more than a typical survey, and it IS better than filling out some mind-numbing grid...but I'm just about at the point where I'll pass on them rather than waste my time.

I just had another one this morning that was a waste of time. I never got past the first page...it sat there "loading" while I went and had breakfast, and never did load in 20 minutes. I tried reloading the page, and all that did was boot me out...it said that the password that got me in had already been used. And I don't think memory on this computer is the issue. I just got it a few weeks ago, and it has more memory than I do. It's so fast that I need a seat belt!

Unless you delete the Unity player after you've done the first survey, it's still on your computer, so you would THINK it would load quicker the next time. They generally pay more than a typical survey, and it IS better than filling out some mind-numbing grid...but I'm just about at the point where I'll pass on them rather than waste my time.

So how do I get the "Unity player" off my computer, I have been having problems with my computer closing pages while I'm on it. Did it to me last night while I was in the middle of a INVOKE session, cut me right out............... :x

So how do I get the "Unity player" off my computer, I have been having problems with my computer closing pages while I'm on it. Did it to me last night while I was in the middle of a INVOKE session, cut me right out............... :x

not sure what OS you have but on Windows 7 (other windows versions are similar)

go to

start (or windows icon in taskbar) / control panel / programs / uninstall a program

then search for Unity Player on the list of things shown and click to remove it.. I just did it yesterday while removing other things.. i always forget they leave it on the pc after i do one of their surveys..