Anybody heard of or know anything re: Westat FLASHE Research

footfree

So I get this email and (lord knows how they got it)I have never heard of them.Does anyone know anything about them ?Last time I did a survey for a company who said they would pay me $5 to do one of their surveys I never got it.I don't want to do the work for nothing

I am pleased to tell you about the Family Life, Activity, Sun, Health, and Eating (FLASHE) Study. This is an important study about daily lifestyle practices that may affect people's health. This study is sponsored by the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The study will involve you and your teenager each completing two online surveys - one about eating and one about physical activity. We have hired a private research firm, Westat, to help us with this study. Westat will be sending you information regarding the FLASHE Study in all future communications.

To get started and let us know whether or not you will participate in the FLASHE Study, please use the information below to enroll at the study website. We ask that you enroll and get started within five days of receiving this email.

URL - http://FLASHEStudy.westat.com

Sincerely,

Linda Nebeling, PhD, MPH, RD, FADA

FLASHE Project Officer

National Institutes of Health

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

That sounds really interesting, I would at least check out their site.

Sounds interesting to me too.However last time I did a survey for a company I never heard of I didn't get paid.Plus I was wondering how in the heck they got my email address.

I received the invite too and clearly remember the survey that led up to this. It was for you and your child. Each answered some questions about health, activity and such. I remember them saying a follow-up study would occur. Unfortunately, when I click on the link, it's invalid. Did you actually get through?

I received the invite too and clearly remember the survey that led up to this. It was for you and your child. Each answered some questions about health, activity and such. I remember them saying a follow-up study would occur. Unfortunately, when I click on the link, it's invalid. Did you actually get through?

So I just signed up they haven't sent the link yet.When they do I'll let you know.It's scary that they have my mailing address.I use to be with clearvoice but I cant remember if I closed my account or not.If it's for them then good luck getting your money.Now if these people are paying directly I might consider it.Otherwise clearvoice is nothing but a joke!

It gave me a link to log into but there is no survey to fill out.There is a number to call but I don't like doing that .Why do I feel this some kind of phishing scam?Like they are trying to find out if is a real person and number and now I'm going to get unwanted phone calls .I don't have a good feeling about this at all.They have my address but I did not give them our cell numbers plus I wont .I do not let these companies have my cell number for this specific reason they start calling and wasting my minutes.You would not believe how many times I received unwanted,unsolicited phone calls after giving it to a survey company.Big shout out DONT GIVE THEM YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER!

It gave me a link to log into but there is no survey to fill out.There is a number to call but I don't like doing that .Why do I feel this some kind of phishing scam?Like they are trying to find out if is a real person and number and now I'm going to get unwanted phone calls .I don't have a good feeling about this at all.They have my address but I did not give them our cell numbers plus I wont .I do not let these companies have my cell number for this specific reason they start calling and wasting my minutes.You would not believe how many times I received unwanted,unsolicited phone calls after giving it to a survey company.Big shout out DONT GIVE THEM YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER!

The link in the reminder email worked so I signed up and my son did too. The first survey should be coming soon. You only had to provide your phone # if you wanted to receive reminders via phone. It looks ok to me as it's sponsored by the US Dept of Health & Human Services and the NIH.