survey where you had to watch a new tv show

avemaria

anyone get the survey from VO for $5 where you had to watch a new TV show about a former crook who is now a female criminologist? I got 3/4 into it and the show just froze on me.. refreshed and it disqualified me. I wrote in but haven't heard back yet.

Haven't had one of those in a while, but it seems like those are always buggy as Hell and inevitably crash. No doubt their servers can't handle streaming a huge video file to multiple people at the same time.

But then their database structure was meant to serve up text, not video and audio streams. It's not like they are Netflix or Hulu, or somebody with that type of infrastructure. If they are going to do these type of surveys, they should link the video files from the TV network that is producing the show in question. Most TV networks have online streaming of their episodes now, so they probably have the proper infrastructure to handle it.

On the other hand, the "virtual shopping" surveys, which crash for the same reason.... I have no idea how to fix that problem. Other than not run that sort of content at all.

Sounds like those Nielsen surveys that used to pop up everywhere. I hope those aren't going to make a comeback. :evil:

I'm still getting that damn Nielsen survey from GTM at least once a week. The minute I see "Integrity" (oh the irony) pop up on the screen, I click out as fast as I can.

Problem is, even though they're still running this survey, GTM now seems to be pushing a virtual clone of it under their own name. Same dumb annoying movie questions. I think you get to actually finish this one, so it's a slight improvement, but they still throw it at me at least once a week.