One of OO's Surveys Just Virus Attacked Me

Carri

I have never had this happen before doing surveys. I got a survey about cell phone usage. Got to about the third to fifth question, just normal questions. All of sudden the survey site started to reload the page a million times saying I still needed to give an answer, which I did, which only lead to more and more page reloads. Then it started popping up a million windows of Firefox. And when I tried to open my task manager to try and shut it down, that too, started opening a million windows of itself. Anything I tried doing, same results. I couldn't shut off anything. I had to turn off the pc, reboot. And then I did a system restore, which seems to have fixed it. And I'm running virus scans. Malwarebytes says it's clean. But I'm going to run a few more. I don't know what this was, but I'm not a happy camper. And unfortunately, I had my antivirus turned off when I started that survey. Sometimes I need to turn it off depending on what I'm working on and I didn't reenable it at the time. But I've never, had this happen doing surveys for legit sites like Opinion Outpost. I don't remember what page or company that survey was for, but this should never have happened.