Virtual Visa reward card-where to use it

footfree

I received a reward card from Opinion Square for $5. and I'm wondering if any of you know any company who excepts them.I tried Shoe buy but they don't except split payment.Plus it can only be used online.Any ideas where this can be used?

You could probably use it on amazon since they allow you to split payment. I usually use virtual visas to buy a physical gift card from walmart but I'm not sure if they sell them for five dollars, because mine is usually for 25 dollars.

You can use it to buy Amazon gift cards by adding it to your Amazon account as a credit card. Or, if you have Amazon Payments you can use it to send money to another Amazon Payments holder. And that person can deposit it to their bank. SInce, IIRC, it has all the properties of a credit card you could use it to credit a utility account if any of yours take credit card payments.

You can use it to buy Amazon gift cards by adding it to your Amazon account as a credit card.

I recommend this option. Even though I've never dealt with virtual Visa cards, the physical cards often come with finicky rules and regulations. You can add it to Amazon and "convert" the funds into an Amazon gift card.

If you have a smart phone and have PayPal you can use the PayPal Here app and transfer visa gift card money into your PayPal account. It's a 2.7% transaction fee from PayPal.

You can get the card swiper from PayPal but you need the app for it to work. But with the app you can just manually add the transaction without using the card swiper.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... aypal.here

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paypal- ... 11015?mt=8

If you have a smart phone and have PayPal you can use the PayPal Here app and transfer Visa gift card money into your PayPal account. It's a 2.7% transaction fee from PayPal.

You can get the card swiper from PayPal but you need the app for it to work. But with the app you can just manually add the transaction without using the card swiper.

Thanks for the help .I don't have a actually card it's a "virtual card" and my husband says if you key it in then they charge 3.5% and it's the 2.7% for the swipe. He has his own business and has done these kinds of transactions before.So I guess I'll use it at Amazon.Personally I would rather stick to AGC or paypal when being paid,it's a pain with the visa vc.

I stay away from the virtual cards. Too many stupid restrictions. So far I have been lucky and not had to accept one.

also you can just buy a $5 Amazon card and put it in your account.. it never expires and it's always there for you

That was easier then I thought, thanks for the heads up now I know what to do if it happens again.

If you have a smart phone and have PayPal you can use the PayPal Here app and transfer Visa gift card money into your PayPal account. It's a 2.7% transaction fee from PayPal.

Thanks for the help .I don't have a actually card it's a "virtual card" and my husband says if you key it in then they charge 3.5% and it's the 2.7% for the swipe. He has his own business and has done these kinds of transactions before.So I guess I'll use it at Amazon.Personally I would rather stick to AGC or paypal when being paid,it's a pain with the visa vc.

I drain Virtual Visa cards all the time. I get them from JDPowerPanel payouts and MyView payouts. I also drain a lot of Visa rebate cards. All using Amazon Payments. AP lets you send money to another Amazon Payments person. All the credit cards you add in Amazon are available in Amazon payments and vice versa. AP lets you send $1,000/month to another AP person and use a credit card to fund the payment. All with no fee. Used frequently by those who do manufactured spend. I just use it to drain rebate cards and vitual Visas, MasterCard pre-paid cards, etc. Those $50 cards a kind of a pain to drain as you have to do split tender transactions in a store for anything over the amount on the card and online you are generally limited to one payment type. Much easier to send money to my SO and have them move the money to a linked bank account via Amazon Payments. Also, do not lose any cash back if one actually would use them to buy goods.

Just in case anyone is interested (for future reference), I have used the virtual Visa cards (codes) many times, but never through Amazon. I always use them to pay monthly bills, albeit through splitting payments and using another form of payment to pay off the rest at a later time. The total bill payment has to be split and you have to manually enter in the amount you will be paying for the partial payment (there should be some sort of "Other Amount" or "Different Amount" box somewhere on the bill payment page), rather than just entering in the virtual Visa card number and letting the website discover that you only have $5 or $10 or $20 on the card. If you only enter in the card number and tell the system to pay your bill, the system will recognize that the amount on the card is not sufficient to pay the whole bill, which is why you have to find the box or space that says Other Amount of Different Amount, or some area that asks you to specify exactly how much you are paying.

I have used $5.00 virtual Visas, $20 virtual Visas, etc. I have used them to pay part of my AT&T landline bill, part of my Sprint cell phone bill, part of my Department of Water and Power bill, part of the cable/Internet bill, etc. Those sorts of places always take them -- and they will take the codes over the phone as well, not just online.

In fact, just a couple of weeks ago I used a virtual Visa to pay for part of my landline bill over the phone. I have done it on the AT&T website before, but on this occasion the website was not agreeing with the card for whatever reason. So I called the toll free number and applied the virtual Visa that way, and I entered in the amount I was paying over the phone. So if it had been a $5 card I would have told the phone system that I was paying $5. In that case I was paying $20. Whatever the amount on the virtual Visa -- even if it is a weird number like $12.86 or something -- it can be used towards those sorts of bills...usually online but if not, then over the phone system.

I know it sounds complicated, but it's really not. It may be a pain to some folks to have to split payments, and it is not the most convenient thing in the world to do, but if it helps pay the bills it is worth it (to me, anyway)!

I LOVE VIRTUAL VISAS!! I use them to pay for anything and everything online, like my kids' lunches, shopping at walmart.com and getting site to store pickup; pizza places online; it is very easy to use!!