Survey Spot steps up

BluesJunky

It's always a pleasure when a survey site does the right thing, and I think they deserve to get credit for it.

Yesterday, I did a survey on Survey Spot...an Ipsos survey about general purchases. The survey itself was a pain...long, monotonous, and boring. And it was only worth a lousy 75 points (75 cents)...but most SS surveys have been 75 points lately, and I figured I had to do a few in order to get anywhere. After about 40 minutes (the pages wouldn't load quickly at all), I had completed everything except the classification questions, but the next page wouldn't load...and I got a page from SS saying that there were enough respondents, and that I was only going to get a sweepstakes entry. Obviously, I was none too pleased, and I contacted SS, asking them to credit the points. I got a reply this morning saying that, indeed, I was credited the 75 points. It's not a HUGE deal, but I know of other sites that wouldn't have given me credit, or replied at all.

I'm not thrilled that SS has had so many 75 point surveys lately, but they still are among the fastest PayPal cash outs there are...usually instantaneous. And taking care of a problem that quickly shows that they are a responsible company.

Yup...I think I joined OO around the same time as SS. And I MUCH prefer them to Survey Spot. They tend to have higher paying surveys, but even they have increased the 5 point (50 cent) stuff, and started odd amounts like 11 and 16 point surveys...I guess so you have to take that ONE extra survey to get over the top. I've been deleting 75 point SS invites for months, as well as the 5 point OO invites...I've just been too busy in the yard and garden for that kind of nonsense. But my payouts have dried up to next to nothing lately, so I decided to do a few of the crap ones to add to the total.

BTW...I did another 75 point SS survey yesterday, and AGAIN got jerked around with that "too many respondents" crap, and a sweepstakes entry...after COMPLETING it. Twice in two days. There's NO excuse for that. Once you are qualified to DO the survey, and have DONE at least MOST of it, you deserve to be paid...not given a lousy chance at a draw. I emailed about it, but since it's the weekend, I doubt I'll hear back until Monday. Hopefully they make good on that,too...but they HAVE to change that policy...it's pure BS.

Speaking of draws...I got an email from eLabs the other day, about some study I did for them. It was a $5 study...very short...and had a drawing for a few $100 and $200 prizes. I won $200!! At least they SAY I won $200...I'll believe it when I see it...and that could take 90 days. But that just doesn't happen to me. If I have a 50/50 shot at something, I'm usually screwed...

I just got an email from SS telling me they were crediting for the second survey I got bounced out of, with the same explanation of surveys filling up so fast that they go over their quota. I appreciate getting the credit, but it seems to me that if you qualify for a survey, and are in the process of taking it, you deserve to be compensated for it. They need to work out a deal with their customers that covers a RANGE of responses, and not a set number. I'm not thrilled with the lousy 75 cents for the survey to begin with, and taking the time to write to them about getting the boot just makes it worse.

Damn it, it just happened AGAIN!! I had just read the reply to my LAST complaint, and there was a SS invite in there, so I took it. Another 75 point survey, but at least this one was fairly quick and easy. But after I COMPLETED it, I was told I didn't qualify!! So...ONCE AGAIN...I had to take the EXTRA TIME to chase down a lousy 75 cents. This thread STARTED as compliment to Survey Spot, but it's quickly turning into a RANT about the way they do business!!!

I just got an email from SS telling me they were crediting for the second survey I got bounced out of, with the same explanation of surveys filling up so fast that they go over their quota. I appreciate getting the credit, but it seems to me that if you qualify for a survey, and are in the process of taking it, you deserve to be compensated for it. They need to work out a deal with their customers that covers a RANGE of responses, and not a set number. I'm not thrilled with the lousy 75 cents for the survey to begin with, and taking the time to write to them about getting the boot just makes it worse.

Damn it, it just happened AGAIN!! I had just read the reply to my LAST complaint, and there was a SS invite in there, so I took it. Another 75 point survey, but at least this one was fairly quick and easy. But after I COMPLETED it, I was told I didn't qualify!! So...ONCE AGAIN...I had to take the EXTRA TIME to chase down a lousy 75 cents. This thread STARTED as compliment to Survey Spot, but it's quickly turning into a RANT about the way they do business!!!

Exactly!! ive been telling these panels for years about this problem. if you start a survey you should be allowed to finish it. I know they can tweak it so this can happen.

Of course they can tweak it! I just think it's not worth their time to do it. I'm not gonna walk away when I get screwed like that, but I'm sure there's a fair number of people that would. So it's probably to their benefit to just keep the status quo. Once in a while would be bad enough, but this happened to me three straight times! I also got bounced out of a $3.38 Crowdology survey...in the middle of taking it...and got the "too many respondents" line. That's not MY fault! I'm taking YOUR survey that YOU qualified me for, and I'm taking it in good faith. How 'bout showing a little good faith toward the panelists, and do what you SAY you're going to do?