What are OTX surveys?

coreysmom

I'm pretty new here and keep seeing reference to OTX surveys.

What are they?

And why do most seem to have a negative opinion of them?

Thanks for any enlightenment on the subject. :)

You really are new! If you don't know what OTX is , then you really haven't started taking surveys . :D

OTX is a survey company that offers surveys through most well-established panels like Greenfield, Opinion Outpost, Valued Opinions, and GlobalTestMarket. They also appear as daily surveys on panels like DollarSurveys, YourFreeSurveys, Palm. Survey Exchange is OTX's home panel.

OTX are the surveys everyone loves to hate because a panelist can spend a ridiculously long time answering repetitive screening questions and then disqualify. Panelists fume that their time has been wasted.

Another common complaint is that after finally qualifying and answering the survey, the panelist gets a disqualification message at the end of the survey, giving the impression that OTX got the information they needed from the panelist without paying.

The 3rd gripe is that so many panels now offer OTX surveys - their crappy surveys are now widespread.

If you participate in daily survey panels, you see them as a necessary evil. You can earn a dollar completing OTX surveys on daily panels, but earn more completing them on GlobaltestMarket or Opinion Outpost. But never, never do them on Greenfield, as they almost always are sweepstakes entry surveys.

factonista gives a perfectly accurate description of them. In my opinion they are not surveys you want to do yourself, but if you want to play a cruel prank on your friends or make someone else mad, tell them to do OTX surveys ;)

Thanks for the explanation. I have only seen OTX on the top left of one survey I've done and I can't remember if it was unsatisfactory or not. But a great deal of the surveys I'm given, i end up not qualifying for, which is annoying, but it's getting a little better.

Greenfield sends me a lot of surveys but they're all for sweepstakes entries and long surveys, so I don't see a good reason to do them, so I'm tending to skip or leaving them for last.

Thanks again. I'm gradually learning what is worth doing and what is not. :)

Greenfield sends me a lot of surveys but they're all for sweepstakes entries and long surveys, so I don't see a good reason to do them, so I'm tending to skip or leaving them for last.

I'm going to give you and anyone else reading a hint: those unrealistically long surveys(60 minutes+) that pay with sweepstakes entries can be screening surveys for high-paying ($20.00+) online focus groups hosted by Invoke Solutions. So don't get too picky at Greenfield.

I will admit that when I was just starting out and didn't know any better I did complete a 60 minute survey that paid with just a sweepstakes entry, so there are some unfair surveys like that out there.

These days if I get a lengthy sweepstakes survey that doesn't ask about my operating system or internet browser(two big indicators of online focus group screeners) I close it out.

• 1 month later...

Think everyone has the same feelings towards OTX and Greenfield. Not very much in cash offerings but loads upon loads of sweepstakes entries that only 7 people can win. They will tell you, you need to do those because that can run you into a paying survey, what line of crap. I stay away from both OTX and Greenfield. They are not worth the trouble you put into them.

you know what i did at first but lately qualify for about half, or so, its funny now I dont really try and qualify and actually dont mind getting kicked off and qualify for a lot more. Actually all the sites and surveys have been higher percentage for me (i have only been doing for about a month, the first week or two i was pretty low, but now the surveys seem to be sent to me more based on my profile.)

I agree that OTX is the worst but it hasnt ben as bad as everyone says here so far.