2 Survey Pet Peeves

episemion

First up is one that simply is puzzling. Why do survey companies (such as MySurvey) show you a nonsense video prior to starting the survey and ask if you can see/hear it OK. Then , you do the survey and it never uses video. Waste of time!

Second is something that many people dislike - grids. I don't mind small grids , but not ones that are 1.5 screens wide and at least 2 screens long. Those seem to be the result of being asked if you are aware of brands or stores and then proceed to ask your opinions of them , whether or not you have ever tried the brand or shopped at the store. For example , yes I am aware of Publix and Albertsons , but only from seeing them while in FL 20+ years ago. There are none in my area (Western NY). Same goes for brands. What would seem to be the better approach would be to ask you what stores or brands are in your area and limit the grids to just those.

I usually now just delete those video ones. the grids, well, I sometimes start to do them and then I lose my patience really fast with those. I now pretty much delete also.

A lot of survey questions are just there because they are left in all surveys whether they are needed or not. Just lazy survey companies who don't edit their surveys.

They do those to make sure that you can see and hear the video correctly that they are getting ready to show you.

The point was that they have the user watch a nonsense video and then the survey NEVER uses any videos of any sort. It would make sense to test video capabilities IF the survey needed to have the user view one.