Worst (or most pointless) survey experience ever

JD

So today I took a survey that felt like it would never end. The survey was IIRC from an insurance company. Best I can remember there were no questions or very few questions about insurance. First they showed you pictures of an American historical site. Then they would show you words that were either positive or negative and you had to use one key for positive and one key for the negative word. The picture of the historical site would be on the positive or negative side depending on the session. The sessions went on and on and on and on and on and on and on....... I was literally getting fatigued and PO'd the longer it lasted. I have absolutely no clue what they were trying to accomplish but get me PO'd. I would have stopped but I was too far into it at some point. I'm sure you've come across these surveys from time to time but this one was the worst I've ever done. What the heck was the point of this?

i know i really hate those too.. each time you think you're done it does it again.. there's one where you have to click positive or negative and the bar goes into the green or red column depending if you get it right or not.. and at the bottom is a clock looking thing that tells you how much percent you have left.. at one point it was literally going 1% for each click.. meaning 100 times.. you think you're done and it does it again.. they also have one with incorrectly spelled or 'fake' words.. I have no idea what they expect in this data or what they get out of it... and another one is the positive words associated with this picture of the product.. and they'll put the product first on the right, then on the left and you have to only click positive words..

I got the real word versus fake just yesterday.I guess they are trying to see if your paying attention.And if your a good girl and your paying attention then you get to move on :) .I mean I can see why they would want valid info but it does seem like they are at a childhood level.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one last week from Crowdology that had a task of clicking on a color based on the color of the type a word appeared in. The word was at the top of the page, in either red, blue, green, or yellow...and below that was an "X" that you needed to go back to after clicking on one of the colors that were at the corners. Seemed like 50 different words. Completely nonsensical...and had NOTHING to do with the subject of the survey. I'd go through one session of that crap, then a slew of grids to fill out, then back to the color nonsense. Three times that pattern went on, until after about 20 minutes, the next page came up blank.

So I wrote to customer service, and today I get a reply stating that that I was bounced out because the quota filled. AND, their "system" shows that I only spent 3 minutes on it. If I only spent 3 minutes on it, I never woulda bothered writing CS!

The "quota full" BS really pisses me off, even though I know it's an industry-wide practice. But telling me I only spent 3 minutes on it is a flat out LIE. I have 75 cents to get to a cash out, and then I'm gone. I can't STAND being lied to.

Had a similar experience about almost 2 weeks ago at My Survey. At least the questions pertained to the topic and there were no strange color tests. It went on asking question after question for over 40 minutes and was indicated to pay 450 points. It came to the end and had a "click here" to get the credits and return to the site. Did that and it came back with a screen saying that they had encountered an error. Wrote to My Survey with the survey number. Their response was that it probably met the quota. I asked why it did not stop when if that were the case. They are "investigating". So far , no points received.

Hah! I got one about toilet paper. I had to go through a whole lot of positive vs negative "feeling" words (complete with faces to indicate the emotions) but that was only the first half. For the second half, it said there'd be brief flashes of images which I should try to ignore, and we were going to do the whole positive/negative emotions thing again.

They were images of different toilet paper brands, and different deals (6 rolls for x dollars! Buy 4 rolls get one free!). This thing was e-n-d-l-e-s-s. It was very easy to ignore the images because they were just a split-second.

My only thought is wow - toilet paper advertising is SERIOUS BUSINESS! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...