Sick of Global Test Market

padowd

I am so sick of thinking I am in the middle of a survey and then being told it has already closed or I do not qualify. This has happened for the last several times with them. To me this is the worst panel I deal with and it is not worth my time. This one is gone.

The ones I hate are the ones supposedly worth 100 points or better, they waste an hour of your time with mind numbingly stupid questions about trivial bull$#!+ and then the survey "malfunctions" and tells you to come back and finish later. Naturally, when you try to do so, it either puts you back at zero, or else says "You already finished this one (but we didn't give you 100 points for it, because we're cheap lying @$%$&*^@$ :evil: )

I've been doing GTM surveys via Swagbucks of late. They have got to have the worst and lengthiest set of screener questions I've ever seen. Have I bought a crab pot in the last 6 months? Really? And the rest are equally stupid. Does it really take 20 questions to do a screen for what I assume is screening out script survey takers?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets ticked off by the crab pot, etc. questions. They are really insulting to our intelligence, and 10 of them, just stupid questions. I have a question, JD....what are "script survey takers"?

I was actually able to finish one of the 100 point surveys the other day,but the whole time I was doing I was sitting on pins and needles hoping it would go thru.However I did have a problem with a Harris Poll survey I was taking for them.It was on mascara and it lead me to believe I was going to get it as a product to test.Then after 10 to 15 minutes it says I don't qualify,okay fine but it should never take 10 to 15 minutes to let someone know if they qualify or not.

I have been a member of GTM since 2008 and the other day I had my account terminated for "not answering in good faith - section 6". Strange how I had just accumulated enough to cash out when this "fraud" supposedly occurred. After receiving a canned response:

Dear Panel Member,

According to our records, your account was not in compliance with the User Agreement, notably Section 6 – Good-Faith Participation:

You agree to participate in good faith and to the best of your ability in any market research activities in connection with the Service. You will not provide false or misleading data, including without limitation, survey responses that are inconsistent with prior responses or statistically improbable.

GlobalTestMarket reserves the right to terminate any account suspected of User Agreement violations and further forfeit all awards earned from said account.

I sent them a strongly worded email back and now my account has been reinstated as a "one time courtesy". At least I managed to cash out my $50. I guess this is how they purge their panel list every now and then by accusing long time panel members of "fraud". Strange thing is that it has never happened before in 7 years. I guess that is too long to be a member in their view.

I have been a member of GTM since 2008 and the other day I had my account terminated for "not answering in good faith - section 6". Strange how I had just accumulated enough to cash out when this "fraud" supposedly occurred.

I"m not sure how they would even come to that conclusion as I assumed surveys with them were paid right away.. I never knew they had a verification process. It sounds odd considering how many times i've answered incorrectly just to disqualify myself to get to the next one.. I can't tell you how many times i've put in '9' as my age.. I always planned to tell them I hit one digit by mistake but they never called me on it.. I've done that hundreds of times..

I sent them a strongly worded email back and now my account has been reinstated as a "one time courtesy". At least I managed to cash out my $50. I guess this is how they purge their panel list every now and then by accusing long time panel members of "fraud". Strange thing is that it has never happened before in 7 years. I guess that is too long to be a member in their view.

I sent them them a heavy response when they didn't pay me for a survey and basically came out and called me a liar and said I didn't finish it when I know I did.Their response was the canned "one time courtesy" response also.So what now we are suppose to resort to nasty emails to get what we are owed?Doesn't seem right to me.

They never told you what survey or what question this supposed "fraud" you comitted was? I am sure it is just because you simply wanted your points for the survey you did not get credit for.

I need my GTM money (as does everyone), I still get the most surveys and most money from them. I think they know that and it gives them room to intimidate people. I let it go more often than write a complaint. I usually don't hear from them or I will get the "Hi, thanks for writing, I hope your problem was solved" letter.

:roll:

They never told you what survey or what question this supposed "fraud" you comitted was? I am sure it is just because you simply wanted your points for the survey you did not get credit for.

I need my GTM money (as does everyone), I still get the most surveys and most money from them. I think they know that and it gives them room to intimidate people. I let it go more often than write a complaint. I usually don't hear from them or I will get the "Hi, thanks for writing, I hope your problem was solved" letter.

Well I still do their surveys however I wont be doing the mysurvey surveys for them.After doing around 5 of them and each one not paying I'm fed up.Each one came back with a technical issue and those are the ones that they said they would give me points as a "1 time complimentary offer". So to me they are saying don't do those surveys we aren't going to pay you and don't expect us to .I really think that someone is fed up with all the complaints and has thrown in the towel and they are now sending out canned responses.Lesson learned I wont waste my time on them anymore.By the way does everyone here know what a mysurvey looks like?I mean you should if you were doing them at their the mysurvey site.I was wondering if I'm the only one having issues with the mysurveys surveys or not.

I am so sick of thinking I am in the middle of a survey and then being told it has already closed or I do not qualify. This has happened for the last several times with them. To me this is the worst panel I deal with and it is not worth my time. This one is gone.

im in sinking boat with my friend. so tired of it.

• 1 month later...

That's the thing they don't tell you what the so called "fraud" was. I still think the idea is to deny people cashing out or simply to purge their list. It's only the second time I have ever had to email them but I'm not impressed by being accused of "fraud" with nothing to back it up except a useless canned response.

Global Test Market GMI (Global Market Insite) – http://www.gmi-mr.com GMI Lightspeed

Member of the UK MRS (Market Research Society)

https://www.mrs.org.uk/company_partner/ ... -z_listing

And may be members of whatever market research association is in other countries. Report/Complain to them about GTM (GMI).

I ditched them a few years ago :x after reporting them and had my 'big payment for a long survey' finally rewarded. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone reading these past replies take note of the dates of these replies. Global Test Market (GMI) will be “aligned” with its existing panel business Lightspeed Research.

I am in the process (as of 05/24/2015) of researching their NEW point system and how it relates to it's "cash out". So, when I get this info I will post it. By the way, if you want to find out on your own you can contact Lightspeed GMI or GTM.

They are the reason I don't bother with surveys on Swagbucks anymore. There's been a lot of times in which I completed a survey only to be told I didn't qualify and was immediately redirected to another one. Sometimes I didn't even get my one swagbuck, something worth a freakin' penny!