webcam surveys

calafan

Hi- It is strange, because I used to get those all the time when I did not have a webcam, and I would have to pass on them. I then did an online focus group which required a webcam, and because I did not have one, they mailed me one. I am supposed to get $100 for the focus group, but they told me that it would take me 8 weeks to get paid, and I did the focus group on 1/8, and I have not received payment yet. Hopefully I will soon. Now that I finally have a webcam, I am not getting any surveys asking for a webcam. I have not been getting a lot of surveys from mysurvey lately anyway.

It's been a while but I have done them. They want you to watch a video or visit a website and track your eye movement. The extra points aren't always credited right away.

I've been offered - and done - so many of those "250 extra points" surveys from both mysurvey and GTM (250 extra points on GTM is worth quite a bit, uhm yes please!) and I NEVER, NOT ONCE got the extra points and have refused to do those surveys for over a year because of it. You typically get screened out of the survey if you refuse the webcam portion, but at this point I don't even care.

They just use the cam to track your eye-movement when you watch their commercial a couple of times, but it's a PITA to e-mail customer service repeatedly to get points you were promised, only to get the run around and ultimately get nothing.

Good luck - you'll need it!

I've done webcam surveys for several sites, but from your description it sounds like you're talking about mysurvey? I've opted to do the webcam part for those surveys before with no problem. The first time I did one, my 150 pts for the survey posted right away and the 250 pts for the webcam segment posted much later. I wrote to them asking about it when I didn't see the points at first and they told me the webcam points post later, and they eventually did. It makes sense, to make sure that somebody does what they're supposed to do in the webcam part, I guess.

It's been a while since I did a mysurvey so I'm not sure it's still like that. I'm just telling you that might be the case, if you're not seeing the points post right away. Just keep track of what they owe you, (with survey info like a survey # or starting URL,) and then if you don't see the points post, you can ask them about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a web cam but its a pain to hook up ,and I always opt out of them ,I feel like its creepy and have only used my cam for family

I've been offered - and done - so many of those "250 extra points" surveys from both MySurvey and GTM (250 extra points on GTM is worth quite a bit, uhm yes please!) and I NEVER, NOT ONCE got the extra points and have refused to do those surveys for over a year because of it. You typically get screened out of the survey if you refuse the webcam portion, but at this point I don't even care.

They just use the cam to track your eye-movement when you watch their commercial a couple of times, but it's a PITA to e-mail customer service repeatedly to get points you were promised, only to get the run around and ultimately get nothing.

Good luck - you'll need it!

I'm with you Stiletto...I'm in the same boat with mysurvey..was asked a bunch of times to do the survey with web cam & never once did I ever get the extra points so I always decline them now...waste of time

I have been doing these with My-survey, they also offer them for their partner surveys at times (GTM etc).

I have always been credited the 250 except once, but it does take almost a month at times to get the credit or you have to followup with them. Recently I have noticed they are crediting it faster, maybe something has changed on their end.