All survey companies work together ?

Lurkergirl

Okay anyone else doing a survey for say My survey and you notice in your web address bar it might read Ipsos or Pinecone ? I am noticing this more and more all most to a point where I forgot where I really am doing this survey for .

Today I started a survey and it sent me to GTM for the survey. Being curious, I went to GTM to see if the same survey was listed as available there, since I'm a panelist there. Well, it wasn't. Also, for the last few days I've had too many surveys I've tried to do at GTM that sent me to the JD Power site for the actual survey, and I kept getting the "page not available". I hope GTM stops using them as an outsource for some of their surveys. I actually wrote to GTM about that and here was their ("standard"????) reply:

"Thank you for your message and valuable comments. I have passed them on to the project manager who shall take them into account and use them to improve future surveys so you can access them without further issues."

It's been my observation that all the major companies have cooperate agreements with some of their peers to offer surveys where they need respondents for specific demographics or to complete quotas they are unable to fill with their own panels. There are also what I call aggregate companies like iPoll where they do this as their primary business, i.e. offer surveys from other companies and not generate their own.

So that's why you see surveys from panels you may already belong to show up on other sites. You will also see surveys show up on different panels where their parent company is the same, e.g. mysurvey and GTM (both owned by Lightspeed Research). Or sometimes you will see surveys from even higher up, e.g. Kantar Market Research (which owns Lightspeed) - those are the "ktrmr.com" surveys you see on both panels.