Surveyspot Mad As He**

kit480

On Tuesday of this week, my 16 y.o. son got an invite for a follow up food survey. He had recorded everything he ate the day before, and this was part2. He came home from work, after working two extra hours onto his regular shift, and I told him about the invite from Surveyspot. He was to get $10.00 for this follow up survey on food. Said it would last 50 minutes. Before he even ate dinner he sat down and took the survey that lasted one hour and fifteen minutes. I mean, this survey would just not end! Upon completion of said survey, the screen thanked him for his participation, and nothing. It never did redirect back to Surveyspot for him to be rewarded, and we both just sat and looked at the screen waiting for something to happen. Never did. I emailed Surveyspot right away, and told them what happened. This was a Confirmit survey, by the way. Never did get a response. Today, I went into, or tried to go into my Surveyspot account, and guess what? My account has been closed!!! I had $35.00 in unclaimed rewards, and was waiting for $12.00 more pending rewards, and nothing. Watch this site! If they cheat you, and you complain, they just might close your account, and rip you off of any money you have already earned. I am mad as Hell!!!! Thanks for letting me rant.

Kit..I totally understand your frustration. I closed my account with Surveyspot a few weeks ago.I never once received a paying survey,just entries into their "sweepstakes". I would not recommend Surveyspot to anyone.

Thank you for the support, Denise. The thing is, I feel sorry for my son. He is saving all he can for his college, and that is the only reason he does a few surveys when invited. Actually, he did not sign up with this panel. I did, but whenever you do those profiles, they want you to list each family member, so I get a few along for my "teen." Surveyspot has ripped me off for $47.00, plus the $10.00 for this one survey. $57.00 is a useful amount of money for a lot of work answering non ending repetative questions. :evil:

I recommend ripping them a new one as best as possible by issuing complaints with all the possible details you have on this to surveypolice, ripoffreport, bbb, FTC, your state attorney general, your local police, and the local police in the city the company resides. Don't flat out call 911, but look for a local police consumer fraud or crime tip report number to call. Do all of these things and you will have a better chance at justice. They have not closed my account but they have simply stopped sending me surveys a long time ago around March 09 for no good reason and they won't give me a response as to why. SurveySpot "used" to be a decent paying site, but now like so many others it has chosen the path of ripping people off and not paying. Considering you will be lucky to get $30 a month trying multiple surveys a day and getting disqualified and maybe getting in one or two $1 or $2 surveys a month, and that even the cheapest community colleges cost at least $1500 a quarter "every 3 months for three 5 credit classes" you will never even be able to pay for 1% of college costs with all the stupid surveys, and the spare time you need to complete classwork will be wasted spending hours on end being "disqualified, quota full"

Thank you, Vipercat for providing me with several avenues I can take to try to get that money back. Apparently there is no customer support, as I have still not heard from my original email to ask them to get that $10.00 for that unending food survey. It took 8 months to get that amount in my account. I just stopped doing all the free surveys for them a long time ago. My son works at Walmart as a code 50, which means he has to take a lot of "stuff" from people, and do all the dirty work there. He saves every penny he makes, except for his gas money to go back and forth to work, and I think it stinks to be ripped off like that. My husband said to go into every survey site I belong to, and update my profiles and delete my teen age son, so this won't happen to him again. The least they could have done was to tell me that they were not going to help, instead of closing my account for complaining, and steal my money.

• 5 months later...

Survey spot is actually one of my favorites. I have been doing surveys for years now and although I have noticed they have more surveys for sweepstakes now than before, I generally cash out with them often and haven't had problems with them as of yet. I think everyone's experience varies with each company, but I do not blame you for being mad at all. It was a fault of survey spot and they should have made it right.... someone must have been having a bad day to get so mad as to close your account. That sounds like poor customer service to me. :(