Anybody done any Murray Hill groups?

NFriday

Hi- I get emails from Murray Hill National occasionally about focus groups. I am never eligible, but today I received one that I might be eligible for. It is a $75 online and webcam interview for one hour that pays $75. The only catch is that it is a dermatological one, and I do home health care, and so they might disqualify me for that reason alone. I was wondering if anybody else has ever done any online groups with them? How long did it take to get your money. I did another one for an outfit out of New Hampshire that took place in January, and I just got my $100 check three weeks ago, and that is only because I finally emailed them about it.

I am involved in a NDR dish washing soap study now that is paying me $185 for four weeks. After my four weeks is up, I get emailed a survey to do asking how I like the product. I then have to switch back to the soap I was using previous to this study for two weeks. I get my check in the mail after the six weeks are up, and I also get $20 for buying the two small bottles of soap that I was using, and so I will get $205 total. When I went to pick up the product though on Thursday though, I had to fill out a survey about how I liked the Dove Ultra that I was using right before I started the product testing. The survey took me about a half hour to complete, but I noticed it is was written by Ipsos, and so maybe NDR is affiliated with them.

I have NEVER gotten anything that good. I did get a toaster oven once and a crock pot, both of which I already owned. I would love to actually make some money from this stuff. Not going to happen though. Good for you! I have never heard of Murray Hill before today. I lead a sheltered life I guess.

Hi- I've signed up for most of the market research companies through craigslist. I live in the Chicago area which helps. There are a fair amount of market research places in the Chicago area. The only other market research thing that I have ever gotten that has paid that much was a mock jury that I had to do in downtown Chicago one. That one paid at least $200, and included lunch, but you were there for about 7 hours. I would do another one of those mock juries again though. They give the details of a case, and the people on the mock jury have to deliberate on the case, and tell how they would vote. I hit a dry spell though, where I did not get anything for probably two years, and then I got the online one in January that paid $100, and they threw in a free webcam. I had a panel last month that I was eligible for that was political with Fieldwork Chicago, but then they figured out that they did not need any more people in my age group, and so I was out $100. I am also signed up with 20/20, but I have never been eligible for any of their panels. There are a few other people here that have done a lot of online panels or surveys that pay $25-$35 a piece. I would even take those.

I have NEVER gotten anything that good. I did get a toaster oven once and a crock pot, both of which I already owned. I would love to actually make some money from this stuff. Not going to happen though. Good for you! I have never heard of Murray Hill before today. I lead a sheltered life I guess.

I think you also got a steam iron too.................. :wink:

I also live in Chicago, but even though I do, I've only seen maybe two emails so far. One was an in person focus group I didn't qualify for and one was a skincare study through the mail that I did. I got to try out two face creams to compare, with surveys during and then one final one at the end. They mailed me a check after I filled out the survey and I got it 2 weeks after I filled out the final survey.

Although I'd love to hear from them more often, I consider hem a reputable and trustworthy company to work with.

Hi- Murray Hill did let me know that if they were interested in me, they would get back to me within 24 hours, but I don't know if that includes Sundays or not. I know I could eventually get some study groups at Peryam and Kroll in NW Chicago, but I quit working with them because it takes me 30 minutes to drive there from Evanston, and there were a few studies where you had to show up three times, and then you only got paid $40. I finally decided that it was not worth it. They do mostly tastings. I remember one study I did with them I had to chew the same piece of gum for something like a half hour, and I think I had to show up three times for that study.

I think you also got a steam iron too.................. :wink:

That's right I did! See how excited I seem to be about that?! Not really. LOL!