Surveys and Google Chrome

ksedwar

Since 2013 Google has been phasing out support for browser extensions that are commonly used in many of the surveys we take. Google says that the following software that is used to render web pages and is used by a high percentage of survey panels is outdated and insecure.

• Java
  • Microsoft Silverlight
  • Unity Web Player

Flash and HTML5 are still supported in Google Chrome and I expect that Flash will eventually be phased out in favor of HTML5.

In the last few weeks I have had to abandon one survey and re-enter two others with another browser because Google Chrome blocked Silverlight. If you do Springboard America it is best to use Firefox or IE.

There is a way to to re-enable the NPAPI plugin in Google Chrome (the NPAPI plugin is what blocks or allows silverlight, unity and java) but I did and it didn't help with the Springboard America surveys so it's not guaranteed to work for every website. How to re-enable plugins in Chrome that are blocked by Google starting 2015

Hi- I thought Chrome has threatened to eliminate support for adobe acrobat too. I used to use firefox all the time, but I have been having problems in firefox where I have a script that is running, and is slowing down my computer. This only happens in firefox, and so I have been using Chrome more lately, until this crap happened. I have also had a problem in Firefox, where every time I visit Amazon, it takes me forever to pull up a page, and sometimes I have to refresh a page that I am on.

Another website that I visit occasionally does not work in IE, and so I was using firefox, and now it does not work in firefox, and so I have to use Chrome.

I have been checking out Waterfox and it seems to be doing well. Waterfox is a 64 bit version of Firefox so if you don't have a 64 bit version of Windows it won't work. Pale Moon is another reliable Firefox alternative and it is for 32 bit versions of Windows. Those are built on the same source code as Firefox so many of your favorite Firefox extensions (add-ons) should work with them.

I also installed Avant Browser and it seems to be doing very well also. Avant is a 'tri-core rendering' browser which has features of IE, Firefox and Google Chrome built into it.