im about fed with the whole survey thing!

theskyhunter

I've sort of put surveys on the back burner and do them only when I'm bored. I'm sticking with Amazon's MTurk now... have made over $350 since the end of July.

Me also, just keeping up with Tellwut and bing rewards, my community and a few sites here and there, neglecting 75% unless I'm close to cashing out............... :|

Just getting burnt out on so many DQ'ed after spending more then 10 minutes on them, and the pay any more is at an all time low, getting rejected after completing a 70 minute survey for 150 points really ticked me off....................................... :evil:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rosiesmom

• avemaria

• AML6349

• theskyhunter

I have limited myself to just Pinecone and a Communispace group for a couple of years now.I am still signed up with Research.fm too, but I'm well aware that I'm completely out of the age demographic they're after with those surveys now.

I did Valued Opinions, IPOS, Lightspeed, Harris, Opinion Outpost, and the others for a good few years. But I don't have the patience for that anymore, and they weren't really as satisfying as the two I'm doing now. I have gotten cat food, dog food, frozen food, snacks, chips, drinks, fabric softner, designer perfume, tampons, lotions, and shampoo from Pinecone, and I get to try iced coffees, coffees, etc, in the other.

Not that I didn't appreciate not having to buy toilet paper and napkins, but you know, it's just boring stuff. I don't want to be filling out shopping habits regarding socks when I can go get paid for talking about coffee and cake.

what the heck is amazon mturk?????

i wanna know too!! :D

Just Google. MTurk is task based earnings via the Amazon site. There are also surveys from what I've read. People say you earn more there than with survey sites. You might get a task to verify a bunch of URLs for example. You start out low on the totem pole and you advance based on your ratings. Better ratings, higher paying tasks. Sounds too much like work to me.

I've sort of put surveys on the back burner and do them only when I'm bored. I'm sticking with Amazon's MTurk now... have made over $350 since the end of July.

I heard about this one, but I didn't hear anything good/bad. Not sure if I can type fast enough as I understand I might be asked to take a test. Not sure what that is about.

I do surveys for the most part, I don't worry about all those "transcription for a nickel" posts. The surveys I do, for the most part, range from 50 cents to $1.00+ each. My goal is to make $10 dollars+ per day. I started on July 29th and if you add in my money that's "pending", I'm at almost $400. You can either spend it on Amazon's website or if you link up your bank account, it can be directly transferred over.

Just for proof, this is a copy of what I've earned so far:

2mod15c.jpg

The more you do, the more you're "eligible for" and the better opportunities open up to you. If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to give you more information or to walk you through what to do. I was super confused at first but love it now. :)

Sounds too much like work to me.

It honestly isn't. I spend a few hours there, off and on, throughout the day. Weekdays are much better than weekends. I'd rather put in a bit of extra time at a longer survey than be told that I "don't qualify" after doing the majority of the work somewhere else. That doesn't happen on MTurk. If you don't qualify for a survey because you already took it, you're usually told before you even start.

No invites, you need to search for them yourself. I usually start by searching for things that I'm eligible for that are at least $1.00, then work my way down to .75, .50, then .25. I rarely go under a quarter unless I'm just bored.

When you see something that you want to do that you're eligible for, grab it right away since other people are looking for surveys to do as well so you're basically competing against each other to be the first to accept the hit.

I did MTurk all the time (hence my name :D ), but the HITS kind of pooped out on me so I'm having trouble making money. $350 in August is outstanding! Wish I could figure out the trick again. When I first started in 2007, I made over $1300. Now, it's more like $50 for the year. I should spend more time over there....

I checked it out and I signed up but haven't heard anything from them. Still waiting......

I just tried a YourWord survey via Valued Opinions. It was about Energy Providers and Home Services. I spent about 15 minutes being asked to rate all these companies out of 10 for how I would recommend them.

Must have asked me to rate more than 12 companies and then asked me to explain why I gave that score. I have only ever used two of the companies listed, so the whole time I was typing "I have no experience of this company"

Imagine my disgust when, more than 15 minutes into the survey, I get screened out for answering that I don't collect Nectar Points through Scottish Gas :x:x:x

GfK are the worst site going at the moment. I completed a 25 minute survey, finished the classification questions, only to be met with an error message. After emailing them with the survey link and a screenshot of the error message they thought it was appropriate to basically say "sorry for inconvenience, look out for more surveys and try again".

Surely they can spare a few pence out of the millions they make to compensate me for wasting my time :?