im about fed with the whole survey thing!

theskyhunter

Since routers are deeply in the pockets of the survey companies for their livelihood their general rule is never give out any compensation unless the company doing the survey compensates them. Don't bite the hand that feeds philosophy. Only MyView seems to compensate out of their own pocket. Really wish we had a direct line to some of these survey companies. Seems like a lot of them could use some critical feedback.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rosiesmom

• avemaria

• AML6349

• theskyhunter

Is MTurk actually a serious thing now? I looked into that a while back, and what they were "paying" was so ridiculous it made the survey company payouts look like Wall Street CEO salaries by comparison.

If you can actually make a little money there, maybe I should look again.

As for GTM, I haven't officially dumped them yet, but it's probably been about 6 weeks since I bothered with one of their surveys. Pinecone is the only one I'm really still "active" with, and that's an average of two surveys a week, so it's not really a replacement for GTM. Or at least what GTM was before they turned to complete horsecrap.

Is MTurk actually a serious thing now? I looked into that a while back, and what they were "paying" was so ridiculous it made the survey company payouts look like Wall Street CEO salaries by comparison.

If you can actually make a little money there, maybe I should look again.

If you stick with the surveys, the money can be decent - I can make $15 to $20/day on a good day. Not sure how people make money off doing those 1¢ transcriptions. I don't bother with anything under 25¢.

We all deserve to take a "Mental health" day off from our survey work! I like the concept of participating in a Day Off with a Survey Taker where we would All not participate in any surveys or studies that day or week maybe. I feel it wouldn't be All of us though, only some or a few of us and the rest of us would swoop in to scoop up the vacated spots so these companies would not end up noticing any loss without ALL of us so change would not happen for the better.

It is frustrating more this year than ever before, especially when I think most of us do not participate in these for the 'fun' of it as this extra income, however much smaller it is now vs a couple years ago, is really needed. It doesn't help me either to remember how much more money all of these companies used to pay me for my time and work and how much less time and effort had to be given.

So I keep on keeping on as I guess most people here also do and we all have to find our own ways to keep our survey sanity while still finding ways to bring in a little extra income as often as we can.

I'm having a pretty successful day today so I wanted to show everyone what type of things I do on MTurk.

This is what I've done today so far, for a total of $13.45 (plus a $1 bonus that isn't listed, bonuses come separately):

29uubsg.jpg

Long story short, it's good money and some days are great days!

• 2 weeks later...
I've sort of put surveys on the back burner and do them only when I'm bored. I'm sticking with Amazon's MTurk now... have made over $350 since the end of July.

Me also, just keeping up with Tellwut and bing rewards, my community and a few sites here and there, neglecting 75% unless I'm close to cashing out............... :|

Just getting burnt out on so many DQ'ed after spending more then 10 minutes on them, and the pay any more is at an all time low, getting rejected after completing a 70 minute survey for 150 points really ticked me off....................................... :evil:

how do you join Amazon's MTurk ? I went to their page and I didn't see a join-up link.

how do you join Amazon's MTurk ? I went to their page and I didn't see a join-up link.

How do I create a Worker account on Mechanical Turk?

Select the "sign-in" link in the upper right corner of the Worker website. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, and password. In addition, you will be asked to agree to the Mechanical Turk Participation Agreement and provide your country of residence. Our customer care team will review your account. The review process can take up to 48 hours. We will send you an email when the review of your account is complete.

I checked into the MTurk thing and they asked for my Social Security Number. Checked with my atty, and he said, nope, you don't need that little bit of money that much. And Bing! They took Swagbucks off of the reward list. It is dwindling down to nothing that I am interest in. Again. And I just noticed the $10 iTunes card for 1,000 points is gone too. Ugh. Probably time to stop wasting my time on that one too. I guess I could get the AGC. Probably not gonna spend the credits (or earn anymore) until they get some decent stuff.

Oh, and Swagbucks is so so right now. I have to watch 27 videos 7 points, and it will take 41 minutes. I used to get 3 points for 10 videos, and it didn't take 41 minutes. Some of the same videos are on mypoints video program and you get one point per video, but you have to be logged in. I realized that after I watched 24 of them. Dang!

I've had the same thing happen to me with several different companies. I don't want to give up yet because I still hope that things can get better. These companies are making a lot of money and they can afford to pay us better. Pinecone is a good example of how a research company should operate. All of them should pay at least $3 a survey.

Recently I spent over an hour on a survey worth 90 points on GTM. It was tedious and I was tired but I kept going. Then when I went to submit the last page it wouldn't load. Eventually I tried backing up and also reloading but nothing worked so I wrote to GTM and told them what happened. Someone wrote back and said they would investigate but it has been several weeks and I haven't been credited. GTM has always treated me well before so I just let it go.

Oh, and Swagbucks is so so right now. I have to watch 27 videos 7 points, and it will take 41 minutes. I used to get 3 points for 10 videos, and it didn't take 41 minutes. Some of the same videos are on Mypoints video program and you get one point per video, but you have to be logged in. I realized that after I watched 24 of them. Dang!

Yeah what is up with Swagbucks! I used to get quite a few Amazon gift cards just for searching with SB but now I can put in several searches and get nothing most of the time.

• 1 month later...

Yourword. I have .95 in my account and 3 times in the past few days I have not gotten the .10 for dq'ing. I did write to them and they found nothing abnormal with my account. So now comes the dilemma. Do I stay or do I walk away? I used to do pretty good with this one, but not much of anything lately. I am not going to spend a lot of time thinking about this one, but when you don't make $5 a month, then it's time to go.

Oh hey, this is the thread that got me to try mturk; I couldn't remember :). I would never even have thought of it - I always thought mturk was entirely just for people to get paid like 10 cents an hour to do mindless data entry, and occasionally for unscrupulous people to pay people to upvote/downvote/spam place and hope enough people do it before they get caught and banned... both of which things it is indeed totally full of, but mixed in, surprisingly, are always just piles and piles of surveys - and mostly academic surveys, which are way more interesting, albeit also often hilariously amateurish, which is sometimes irritating but also sometimes hilarious. But yeah, the main point is, I can corroborate AML6349: I started poking about a little over a month ago, and have already made $132.24 (plus $12.25, and whatever bonuses are associated with them, in surveys that haven't been cleared yet.) I'm pretty sure that makes it the highest paying of all the sites I've tried, assuming it's sustainable.