Your experiences with diaries?

Mai

I'm going my first monthly diary on OO, and I'm a bit nervous that at the end they'll give me a small reward/no reward at all. It's done by Ipsos, and I've had problems with doing entire surveys with them only to be kicked out, but the diary takes less than 2 minutes to do daily so I thought I could at least give it a shot.

How have your diary experiences gone?

If you are doing the alcohol diary for September, I confirmed with OO that all you will get is 50cents!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: for the whole freakin month

Seriously? Well that blows. I just asked OO to confirm with Ipsos what the reward is.

If you are doing the alcohol diary for September, I confirmed with OO that all you will get is 50cents!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: for the whole freakin month

Seriously? Well that blows. I just asked OO to confirm with Ipsos what the reward is.

If you had gotten the invite from Ipsos then you probably would have gotten paid more.OO has taken their cut of the pie and has decided to pay you .50 cents.Don't let OO fool you into thinking that they are doing this as a favor to Ipsos.They want to get paid also, so it's up to them on how much they will pay you.I personally wouldn't do it.I bet you anything that OO people wouldn't work for so little either.

Yeah, that's monumentally absurd. I got a survey a couple weeks ago from OO, it paid 50 cents a day for a week. That was decent enough, for a couple minutes of work a day (plus a few more at the beginning and end). I have that alcohol survey now too... I can't remember from where, hopefully I didn't get it from OO, as that's beyond ridiculous cheapness. >.>

I did just finish a month-long survey from GTM, that paid ~8.50. I was a little worried with a month-long anything, being a whole month for something to go pear-shaped and them not give anything because it wasn't successful... but that one worked fine. The week-long OO one last week worked fine too (amusingly, it was the same as one I'd gotten a couple months earlier, when I had decided to try ipoll... technically ipoll paid $5 for the same diary, but given that I still haven't gotten any money from ipoll, two months later... I'd rather have $2.50 from OO than 5 supposed dollars from ipoll. Also ipoll's links to it were buggy as all crap, I had to bother them numerous times to get it to a state where I could actually submit it.)

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, yay - just got a "reminder email" about that particular diary, from i-say directly. Looks like I'm getting about 3 bucks from it, which is *far* more reasonable for the amount of effort they're asking for. 50 cents is stupid, and honestly pretty surprising - OO usually pays pretty decently.

Every 6 months or so (and currently) I do a monthly payment diary for GTM, they always pay 200 points for it. I don't mind it, it can be a bit tedious especially if you've done multiple shopping trips in a day but the points are good and they always give them to me without a fight. I once did a beverage diary where they wanted incredible detail on every drink you had each day; that one was too much for me and I won't do that one ever again.