Thank You Sweepstakes Survey Takers....NOT

Whatatay

Just did a survey for Global Test Market. When I got done, it said I got three entries into a sweepstakes. I couldn't believe this because GTM ALWAYS paid for surveys. Even if you didn't qualify you got 25 cents.

So I checked the email invitation again. Everything is identical to the old invitations and the only difference was it said

"Reward for Survey Completion: Sweepstakes Entry"

So I just wanted to thank all those people who do sweepstakes entries surveys. You have let all the survey companies know they can get information for free. I would especially thank those who screwed us over by thinking that doing free sweepstakes surveys would get you mode paid ones. What kind of logic is that? Why would they send you paid surveys when you will do them for nothing?

I got my first sweeps only survey from GTM yesterday. It seems they are jumping on the bandwagon because they can. If the reason companies send so many sweeps only surveys is so you can prove your commitment and possibly get more paying surveys :roll: , why would GTM start sending them to survey veterens now? It's a rhetorical question :wink: .

I know there's a whole different mindset out there that really believes this. There are also many that are happy less people are doing sweeps because they think it improves their chances for that 1:1,000,000 chance at $50,000.

So for sweeps takers: Go ahead and spend 1/2 hour for an entry. It's your time. Just don't complain when more and more companies go this route.

And if perchance any reps from these companies are reading these boards, just know that most people will give you good quality information if they are paid for their time. Do you know if these marketing companies are paying respondents? If not, how reliable is that data?

I am somewhat new to the paid survey scene, but was always skeptical of doing surveys for sweep entries. Do the sweeps even really exist? I have recently quit accepting the survey invitations offering sweepstakes or drawing entries as the only reward for the exact reasons you've stated. My time is worth more than a "fat chance" that I'll win something!

I agree with Luck13. I know I post some rants here but I had been getting some decent paying surveys a few weeks back and I took my time and gave very honest, thoughtful, and detailed answers. If you tell me it is a 10-15 minutes survey for $1.00 and it turns out to be 40 minutes, you can figure everything after 15 minutes is going to be me just clicking any answer to stick it back to the company trying to stick it to me. If it is a sweepstakes ebtry, I don't bother.

• 3 months later...

disheartened to see GTM go to a sweepstakes entry. i just delete them as its not why i take surveys for chances to make it worth my while. i havent checked but i think they dont give you the 5 points for non qualifying ones now too.

Lately more of GTM's surveys have been sweepstakes entries than not. It really disgusts me. I delete them, I refuse to waste my time like that with no compensation.

It's the trend with survey companies, why pay when there are those that will take surveys for a sweepstakes entry. Wonder how long before GTM takes the next step and starts offering mostly sweeps and less points. Once the ball gets rolling there's no stopping it.

I completely agree with the comments on this thread. I refuse to waste my time doing surveys for the possibility I might be lucky... It's bad enough that some surveys seem to ask an awful lot of 'questions' that appear to be very survey/brand based before suddenly informing you that you don't qualify... Hmn... Surely the main qualifying questions should be mainly demographic, etc, with just a couple of survey relevant questions. I will give good answers in return for a sensible reward. Companies please note.

I used to love GTM but since I noticed the sweepstakes entry instead of marketpoints, I also delete it. I don't have time to fool around with these entries. It's like they are turning into Sweepland, everything is a sweepstakes entry. Even Survey Spot has been mostly sweepstakes. Not for me.