What dumb survey questions have you come across

footfree

what's more dumb is how they're written... daily I'm asked by OO if i've read a magazine on a list of 5 or so... daily.. why can't I just put in I never read magazines and be done with it? they have the most ridiculous pre survey questions..

Hello again from Esearch.com. Today we have a survey for people 13 to 54 who enjoy movies. If there is a 13 to 29 year old in the household, please have them complete.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the following "question", which I repeat verbatim:

In addition, do you believe that the government should prioritize ecological concerns (protecting wildlife or certain plants) above this type of usage As written, should be multiple select. I am not at all sure, though, that this is the right question to be asking. We need to discuss this this afternoon, as I’m not comfortable running a water question unless I’ve got confirmation from you that it’ll get us what we need.

Way to enter comments directly into the survey question, person. :D

Vacuumed an Igloo? Why, no I haven't actually. But I am thinking about building one when it snows and taking the Electrolux out and giving it a try. Then I can answer, yes, I have. Oh, and I may come up with a crabpot as well.

Vacuumed an Igloo? Why, no I haven't actually. But I am thinking about building one when it snows and taking the Electrolux out and giving it a try. Then I can answer, yes, I have. Oh, and I may come up with a crabpot as well.

I remember your crabpot fondly- it always makes me smile:)!

• 2 months later...

I just got a great one from Consumer Village: it asked me what things I was planning to buy within the next two years, and one of them was "a teleporter (that is: a device capable of instantaneous travel anywhere in the universe)". Yes, I am totally planning on buying that, if someone wants to sell me one. :D

Someone is having way too much fun with these.

I don't recall who the survey company was , but it was a poorly written one for sure. It had to do with shopping and would ask questions like "How many trips per month do you make to buy baby goods?". As I am a single male and do not have children (all of which had been asked in the opening demographic questions, I responded with "0". It came back with a message that zero is not an acceptable answer , it has to be 1 or above. HUH?? How is that going to get accurate data?

I get a kick out of how a lot of surveys now ask a short list of totally off the wall questions just to verify you are human like "do you own a ferret" or "can you ride a unicycle". 

Or they give you a list of multi-colored animals and tell you to select 'green bear' or some such thing.    

• 5 months later...

Many of these stupid questions are to see that you're not a computer but a human doing these surveys but they questions take longer then the surveys some times at least it seems that way. Like do I have a ferret and questions along that line.

I had one yesterday asking if I bought any tickets online for any concerts/sports events/etc. My answer was no. Next question, how many times have you bought tickets. Zero!! Zero not allowed, must be a number one or higher.

I had one yesterday asking if I bought any tickets online for any concerts/sports events/etc. My answer was no. Next question, how many times have you bought tickets. Zero!! Zero not allowed, must be a number one or higher.

I had that same survey. I was surprised it let me finish and get the reward.

I had that same survey. I was surprised it let me finish and get the reward.

I can't remember if I got DQ or if I just left the survey.