Has anybody done any presidential polls?

NFriday

They just had an interesting article in the Sunday Chicago Tribune about the presidential polls and how accurate they are. In order to save money, the poll companies are either doing robo calling, where you pick up the phone and then answer questions given by a computer, or else they do online polling. THe problem is that when they do the robo calling, they cannot call cell phone numbers. They can only call landline numbers, and a lot of people got rid of their landlines, or they have caller ID, and they don't bother to pick up the phone. There was one poll that was done recently, where they needed to poll 2,000 people, and they had to call up 30,000 people to find 2,000 that were willing to be polled. They said that on polls that take place online, they are more likely to get responses from younger persons

Yet they are trying to list the younger generation to vote- you cant have it both ways is it really the younger generation taking the polls or not?I don't think so -there are just as many older people on computers as the younger generation.Prime example Facebook there are more in my demographic then in my 15 years old or even my 29 year old.

Hi- The majority of the people that still have landlines are older, and that could be why Trump does so well in the polls. Out of the people I know that do not have email accounts, the great majority of them are older than 60 though, and that could be why they have so many young people doing the polls online. I know somebody who is the gardening coordinator for a community garden in Chicago, and she thought she would set up a facebook page to keep in touch with them, and she found out that a third of the gardeners do not go on line. At least half of the gardeners are foreigners, and many of them are low income, and do not have the $15 that is charged every year for garden rental.

I've done a few online presidential polls. They're usually showing a commercial, then asking what I think about it. They are lucky, the majority of the questions are multiple because I could write for hours what I think about the candidates.

They're all corrupt.

They're all phony.

No matter how many puppies get hugged, or how many unemployed, gun control, abortion or economy statistics they flash on the screen, no matter how many pictures they show of the candidate walking though some factory with happy workers all by their sides -

It's all BS, and I can't take any of them seriously.

Hi- The majority of the people that still have landlines are older, and that could be why Trump does so well in the polls. Out of the people I know that do not have email accounts, the great majority of them are older than 60 though, and that could be why they have so many young people doing the polls online. I know somebody who is the gardening coordinator for a community garden in Chicago, and she thought she would set up a facebook page to keep in touch with them, and she found out that a third of the gardeners do not go on line. At least half of the gardeners are foreigners, and many of them are low income, and do not have the $15 that is charged every year for garden rental.

My mom and my mother in law -plus most of my relatives are online-age range 30 to 86(and I have a lot of relatives). I really don't care the age of voters I just wish people would use their voices and vote.You cant complain if you don't or your opinion doesn't matter as much if you don't.And as far as career politicians there should be a limit to as how long they can serve,maybe that way we could make some head way.Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.