I quit surveys, you probably should too!

Vipercat

The surveys and incentives "or lack thereof" offered has gotten so insulting, that I quit doing almost all surveys entirely for nearly 3 months. Either $2 an hour with a 60% chance of getting disqualified for no reason at any point in the survey or "sweepstakes offers" simply is not worth it. Even Pinecone research has gone south with their surveys being horribly designed, over 5 times longer, and weird new designs and "sweepstakes surveys" now being pushed. I am glad these forums are back, but I simply see nothing meaningful to discuss anymore, most surveys are a waste of time for idiots and not worth doing.

People that do it for the money need to get a part-time job. working 4 extra hours a day would be a huge boost to your pocket book. Surveys are for unemployed people that gave up searching for a job, stoners, handicapped people, or morbidly obese people. That's almost all of the US right now though, lol.

I'm in the unemployed gave up category. If I don't get a job soon I'll probably end up in the obese category too, lol.

I understand that you can never make anything close to a living doing surveys, even if you did them all day back when surveys paid well and lived in a cardboard shack in Nigeria. That being said however, there has to be at least "some" meaningful incentive to do the surveys. Why would anyone waste 2 hours of their time doing a unpleasantly designed survey that does not even collect any meaningful data or care about what your opinion really is for either a disqualification or "sweepstakes entry" that is not even real? Honestly it is less dis-pleasant and more fun and rewarding to be digging around in the city dump looking for pennies "not that I or anyone else would do that, but yes it's really gotten that bad" If I want to waste my time for free, it's gonna be on something a little more fun and rewarding such as a free online game. If I want to make money, I can do it more effectively doing anything else but surveys that don't pay. Doing 100 surveys a month that pay nothing, lie about their incentives, or disqualify me for no reason at random, or doing nothing at all both pay the same, nothing! The difference is that the surveys steal your time so you actually lose time and money. Now if the survey companies undid their egregious and fraudulent changes that they implemented in the past year, then I would be willing to try more surveys again.

First, if the surveys are really that bad for you guys I wouldnt worry about posting on the survey police boards because that just encourages you to start taking surveys. Unless you have information about survey that is constructive to stay away from. Secondly I dont know what these 2 hour surveys are that are poorly designed. I dont make 'riches' taking surveys but I generally never spend more than an hour a day taking surveys I get and make it worth my time with money and products. If I feel that i have to spend hour upon hour on a survey I just delete it. I dont bother with sweepstakes crap or something that doesnt have the incentive up front. Dealing with companies that cant give me reasonable contact information is a must. These companies work for me, not vice versa.

First, if the surveys are really that bad for you guys I wouldnt worry about posting on the survey police boards because that just encourages you to start taking surveys. Unless you have information about survey that is constructive to stay away from. Secondly I dont know what these 2 hour surveys are that are poorly designed. I dont make 'riches' taking surveys but I generally never spend more than an hour a day taking surveys I get and make it worth my time with money and products. If I feel that i have to spend hour upon hour on a survey I just delete it. I dont bother with sweepstakes crap or something that doesnt have the incentive up front. Dealing with companies that cant give me reasonable contact information is a must. These companies work for me, not vice versa.

I'll post wherever I want thanks. If you don't like our rants then you don't have to post to this thread you know. It works both ways.

As i figured, you would miss the whole point of that post. Dont get all defensive because someone doesnt agree with you on the internet. No one needs to get a part time job instead of doing surveys..working full/part/unemployed time and doing surveys/invokes/products tests are feasible ways to earn extra money. If taking surveys are such a time wasting feat, then why bother complain about it on a survey taking forum...you dont see the irony there. This is in the general discussion forums, not the rants and raves.

Furthermore, I not "jobless, stoner, handicapped person, or a morbidly obese person." Im sorry you are unemployed but the Xmas season tends to yeild a lot of part retail positions in which you could find seasonal work. Good Luck.

If taking surveys are such a time wasting feat, then why bother complain about it on a survey taking forum...you dont see the irony there. This is in the general discussion forums, not the rants and raves.

The point is that hopefully some employees or people that can affect change in survey companies read this. If they start to realize they can not get away with low quality surveys and practically no incentives to survey takers then the bad practices will stop and reverse and survey quality will increase benefiting both the survey taker and data collectors. I am just one person, but contrary to the beliefs of some survey companies, my life and time has value and I'm just not going to give it away in a meaningless endeavor of badly formatted surveys with no incentives that benefits neither the survey taker nor the data collectors. If there is a well formatted survey that asks relevant and well written questions and offers a respectable incentive then I will do that survey when I see it.

Please guys, lets not let this thread degenerate, its not necessary and this is the new and improved surveypolice site - we don't want to start off with bad vibes, hey?! :lol: Let me just say that it can be frustrating at times, but hey, I have made less this year in some ways and more in others, but I have my rants too and I have been at it for five years or more....I like the whole experience of survey taking and if I was just in it for the money what would be the point? Life is too short to be so materialistic, you should enjoy what you do, that goes for everything - fun, love, surveys and flying a kite!

:wink: hang loose

LizzieAnn

hi Liz, i hope things are settled over on that side of the pond. Looking forward to xmas this year already. Hope everyone is well and ready for the cold season.

I like the whole experience of survey taking and if I was just in it for the money what would be the point? Life is too short to be so materialistic,

LizzieAnn

Are you putting us on? Sounds like you are a sweepstakes survey taker and trying to justify it. The only reason I am in it is for the money. If you are going to spend all that time giving info to companies and not get paid, what would be the point?

I said "Life is too short to be materialistic" and that is the truth in my opinion. I was born in Boston USA and now live in Scotland so you could say I have had the best of both worlds, and am aware of the generally prevailing attitude in the world today that money is GOD. It is not. I love the extra money, the extra products, the extra vouchers, but hey, giving my opinion is something I do well. I consider that is a valuable commodity and companies are willing to pay me for it - so be it. It is wonderful that I am an expert at giving my opinion, but anyone who knows me will tell you that I give my opinion whether or not I am paid for it, I blog and I talk to people on a regular basis - ALL FOR FREE! I love what I do so no, I am not putting you on. I cannot say the extras do not help and I would be hypocritical if I did, but and here is the all important but, what I am trying to say (and maybe not doing it very well :lol: ) is that if the only reason I took surveys was for the money I would very quickly tire of it and become totally fed up with the whole process and give it up. Are you doing a full time job you love? No? Well I am, and the reason is that I will not give up my time and energy for mere money, I will do it because I love doing it. That holds true for survey taking too. You have to like it, enjoy the process, and only then will you persist at it - if you give it up, it is because you have had enough of it - you are bored, or have a low interest threshold.

Life is too short not to be enjoying yourself as much as you can!

:D:D:D

LizzieAnn

Life is too short not to be enjoying yourself as much as you can!

:D :D :D

LizzieAnn

I agree with that simple point, which is why I quit doing 99% of all surveys. What I don't understand is how you can waste hours of your life putting in dozens of pages of check boxes of nonsense questions, boring and irritatingly designed surveys, in my opinion that is not "enjoying yourself as much as you can!" that is merely "being stupid and torturing yourself"
"Life is too short to be materialistic"
So merely wanting to be treated with a basic level of respect is considered being "materialistic"? We don't want hundreds of dollars, just a survey that respectfully asks us our opinion and treats us like we are not worthless idiotic slaves. Only someone with manic depression or other mental illness would want to shout at the top of their lungs "my life has no value, please treat me like it!"
and am aware of the generally prevailing attitude in the world today that money is GOD. It is not.

Well according to the survey companies profit margins it is, so why don't you try telling THEM money is not God, and for them to give up their money? They will laugh so hard for a long time when they hear that! And you think your opinion matters to them? No, what matters to them is making money. I enjoy giving my opinion too, but when the questions and survey is so bad it does not capture my opinion at all, and when it offers no compensation, that tells me they don't care about our opinions, but rather making money off our waste of time and soulless cheaply made check forms with questions made by chinese people. That is not helping anyone, that is not giving your opinion to people who care, and that is certainly not "enjoying life", But I digress, I guess it's all up to one's perspective, I'm sure there is someone in the world that enjoys scooping poop out of a sewer for 10 cents an hour.

It's refreshing someone understands the difference between a profit and profit margin. I could go into politics when this is pulled in the media but that's not survey relevant, or could it be? Sticking to the survey side sure a survey company is entitled to make some profit, aka profit margin. When its leaders want to keep more of the money with no economic reason to justify it well you gotta wonder what the agenda is. If you haven't noticed lately some sites that offered all cash/ points that can be converted to cash have been slipping in more sweepstake entries instead. Is it a sign of hard times? Maybe. Is it a way to keep more of the money made. Maybe. I try to see all sides before forming an opinion. What I wait to see is if any of the companies than went sweepstakes will return to offering cash again when "times" improve.

The only way the companies that have gone to sweepstakes will start paying is when people stop doing them for free. If I could get people to work for free I sure wouldnot start paying them good times or bad.

• 4 weeks later...