Age-ism how old is to old be a parent in the survey world

footfree

I have done a few surveys lately that have asked me if I was a parent between the ages of 24 to 54.Sorry but once a parent always a parent .Plus women are having kids at a later age in life so its very well possible for them to be older then 54 and have a child under 18 .I had my youngest at 36 so I'm sure there are other women who have had them older then myself. Not only that I'm definitely sure there are girls having children under the age of 24.Maybe there should be a broader age on parenthood.Not sure why the age gap .

It may be possible that the survey sponsor didn't want opinions from parents younger than 24 :?:

54/55 is age-ism... discrimination in general for surveys, reading the many comments about being disqualified because of a 'certain age'.

Maybe the survey sponsor is looking for specific criteria. I had my first and only child thus far at age 21. I've done plenty of surveys that I qualified for that deals with parenting. It just depends on what the sponsor is looking for in their research.