Master Thesis - Refactoring Tool Evaluation (Closes Jan 15)

FanisV

Hi there!

I am studying Computer Science in Greece and currently working on my master thesis which focuses on code refactoring.

For the purpose of my thesis I have developed an Eclipse plug-in that aims to aid the developer with his/her code refactoring process.

I wish I could only ask you just to fill out a simple questionnaire but if you want to participate in this survey you will have to use the plug-in I developed a bit.

Knowledge you need to have to participate:

- Java Programming (The more skilled you are, the merrier)

- How to use Eclipse (Basic knowledge, you won't asked to do anything complex)

- A basic idea of what code refactoring is (If you don't know anything about it don't worry that much, you will learn by doing the survey)

Basically what you are asked to do in this survey is:

- Perform 2 simple tasks on Eclipse (One with and one without the use of my custom plug-in)

- Fill out a simple questionnaire form

Here is the link to the survey -> http://www.cs.uoi.gr/~zarras/RefactoringsArchipelagoWEB/RefactoringTripAdvisorUserStudy.html

(the link contains a guide on how to do the with all the necessary information you might need)

I know all this might seem a bit overwhelming but bear with me cause this is the last stage of my thesis to get my degree.

If you participated in my survey please feel free to send me a link so I can help with yours! :D

Thanks!