Should I take GTM Sweepstakes Surveys

lobo49

My in box is being flooded with GTM Sweepstakes surveys and I refuse to take them. This week I had about 26 sent to me. I really need someones opinion on whether it will pay off in the long run to take them.

I get them several times a day. I just click out of them. There is no way I'm going to waste my time for nothing. Marketing companies get paid $$$ amounts of money to do consumer research. I doubt their clients would want to know their making money off of them and not paying the recipients. Read what everyone thinks about OTX. GTM also sends me regular surveys which I do. They can get anyone to do those, people will usually choose any answer thinking they are getting some kind of credit for it.

I purposely disqualify myself out of most sweepstakes just to get them cleared.. by selecting you know " that i am part of a marketing company" or something like that... lol

no incentive = no time from me. you wouldnt work for free anywhere else.

as mentioned you can get a entry for disqualifing yourself. let me know when you win one..or anyone you know wins one.

On a side note, I see that GTM doesnt give the 5 points for DQ'ing on their paying surveys now...the fail.

Unless you are so unbelievably lucky at winning contests wait for a survey that offers marketpoints. Eventually you can request a check for your efforts.

My in box is being flooded with GTM Sweepstakes surveys and I refuse to take them. This week I had about 26 sent to me. I really need someones opinion on whether it will pay off in the long run to take them.

Not trying to be rude but, what kind of a dumb question is this?????? How would taking free sweepstakes surveys pay off in the long run? What incentive does GTM have to pay people to take surveys when people will do them for free? Does you local grocery store give you a years worth of groceries for free in hopes that you eventually buy something? Would go to work for free in hopes that one day they might pay you? I don't understand the logic of this question.

People who take free surveys ruined it for everyone else and now that's why there are all these free surveys, especially from GTM. No, it will not help you to get paid ones. If no one does them the survey companies would be forced to pay people.

Even if it did get you some extra paid surveys (which it won't), what is better? Spending 200 hours on free surveys to get a $10 one (pay = 5 cents per hour), or doing two 10 minute surveys for $1 each (pay = $6 per hour).

Frankly, I don't care if your time is worth so little that you spend 24 hours a day doing these free surveys, EXCEPT for the fact you ruin it for everyone else.

Excuse me!!!! did I say I took the sweep surveys NO I don't, you should be criticizing the people that do all the $1,$2,$3 surveys for 30, 40 minutes and people who go to these cheap websites like survey head to make a buck. I have been doing surveys for 6 years and I wouldn't waste my time and energy taking these cheap _ss surveys.EXCUSE ME FOR ASKING IF IT HAS HELPED ANY OF THESE INEXPERIENCE SURVEY TAKERS THAT ACTUALLY TAKE THESE SURVEYS.

No you didn't say you did them, but you asked a stupid question ie, "I get so many free sweepstakes invitations so should I start doing them?"

Anyone who would ask such a question, especially someone who has been doing surveys for 6 years, should know better!

That's why I responded as I did. If you want to take them, go ahead.

and me, and I can think of several others, but I won't speak for them. It is a silly rumor and completely false to assume doing sweepstakes surveys will increase your chances of getting better surveys, it simply does not. Forgive me if I find it hard to give millionaire and billionaire corporations whose sole focus is to increase pure profits and commit fraud and deception the benefit of the doubt.

The reason I asked what some of you think is a stupid question, is because I wanted to see if I would actually get a positive response from the people that are making it hard for all of use by taking the cheapskates surveys, I have never taken sweep surveys except in the beginning of my 6 years of taking surveys.And I won $1000 from Leger survey panel from Canada. After that I continued taking the USA panels sweep surveys for about 9 months and never won a thing, Ever since then I DON'T TAKE sweep surveys except if they are from Canada.

The reason I asked what some you think is a stupid question, is because I wanted to see if I would actually get a positive response from the people that are making it hard for all of use by taking the cheapskates surveys,

That doesn't even make sense. It's like asking a serial murderer if they think it is wrong to kill. Of course no one has given you a positive response because there is no reward for taking sweepstakes sweeps. What can be positive about wasting your time for free?

• 4 weeks later...

I cashed out with GTM mid Oct and still have not recieved a check. Is anyone else having this problem? They say we will be paid in 4-6 weeks and they have always lived up to this untill now. I am getting worried about getting paid. I don't do the sweepstakes surveys and told them so. Maybe thats why they won't pay me. Any thoughts?

I've been DQ'D from more GTM surveys now then I can ever remember...never used to be like this..& at this rate I may get to 1000 points again sometime in 2012....lol....Though I've always been paid by them...antime I've requested a cheque it's always shown up in my mailbox...